Screensaver - did a search first

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bobinraymoremo

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 18, 2009
Raymore MO
I promise I did a search but didn't see this, here is what happened when the screensaver kicked in today.

Great photos of great places

Attachments

• directv screensaver.jpg
    directv screensaver.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 421
I saw reports about this a few months ago. I think it was supposed to be a test of a new screensaver. Perhaps it's now in the latest software update. When was the last update you received?

I saw reports about this a few months ago. I think it was supposed to be a test of a new screensaver. Perhaps it's now in the latest software update. When was the last update you received?
It wasn’t in any software update last time. People were getting it across 3-4 versions that were floating out there

i have read on the directv forums that the images are delivered via internet, not sure if its correct

So is everyone getting this now in the update?
Photo attached.

Attachments

• SCRsaver.png
    SCRsaver.png
    78.9 KB · Views: 219
A random string of letters is not easier to read. I had the CE version of the guide with logos for several months, first small, then larger. It was much easier to identify channels, even if you couldn't read every single logo. Most channels have distinctive, recognizable logos.

A random string of letters is not easier to read. I had the CE version of the guide with logos for several months, first small, then larger. It was much easier to identify channels, even if you couldn't read every single logo. Most channels have distinctive, recognizable logos.

to each their own
most logos are stylizes version of the letters
i would rather have a nice clear TNT,USA,TBS, ect than a multicolored version. its easier for me

Reactions: Jimbo

Couldn’t agree more, i had the logos, and didn’t have any issues, for someone like me, who is legally blind, believe me, the guide with the logos are a lot easier for me than the string of letters. Sometime my eyes are better than other times, and if i cant read the little call letters in the guide, i could definitely see and recognize the logos. Be nice to at least have the option, like accessibility options or something.

Sent from my iPad using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: longhorn23
I waas glad to see the back of the logos. They added nothing for me. Most of them are just versions of the channel callsigns anyway, and many of them are illegible. If they are channels I watch regularly, I don't need them If they are not I have to look at the callsign ayway..

Reactions: Jimbo
Let's not forget.. when the logo was there, the callsign was there, too, so no one lost anything. So I really don't know why it's something people argue over. It was the best of both worlds. Now we just have it one way.

The screen was more cluttered, particularly on smaller screens.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts