Screensaver - did a search first

Status
Please reply by conversation.
A random string of letters is not easier to read. I had the CE version of the guide with logos for several months, first small, then larger. It was much easier to identify channels, even if you couldn't read every single logo. Most channels have distinctive, recognizable logos.
If you can't read the Logo clearly, its useless ... at least once you learn the channel number, you can get to the channel ....

Also, its impossible to go DIRECTLY to a Logo.

I definitely would not want to have to scroll thru 200+ channels.

Let's not forget.. when the logo was there, the callsign was there, too, so no one lost anything. So I really don't know why it's something people argue over. It was the best of both worlds. Now we just have it one way.
No it wasn't ...
If you remember, it slowed the guide down considerably.
Alos, they tried to cram it all in a small cell and neither was very legible ...

Once again I don't understand why people think that a logo means just a logo. When we had the logos on the guide we had the channel number on top of the call sign and the logo. I want all three. I do NOT want just a logo, that is stupid. We do need channel numbers. It didn't slow the scroll of the guide from what it is now, in my experience. I could read the call sign. It was small, but it was legible. On my small TV, maybe it was harder, but not impossible. They can make it work to make the call sign bigger and have the logo. Everyone else does.

Once again I don't understand why people think that a logo means just a logo. When we had the logos on the guide we had the channel number on top of the call sign and the logo. I want all three. I do NOT want just a logo, that is stupid. We do need channel numbers. It didn't slow the scroll of the guide from what it is now, in my experience. I could read the call sign. It was small, but it was legible. On my small TV, maybe it was harder, but not impossible. They can make it work to make the call sign bigger and have the logo. Everyone else does.
Heres where the confusion comes in ....
I'm all for logos on the Top portion of the guide, up next to the Live feed, the majority of the channels have the show that is on's Logo ... thats fine... but trying to squeeze the channel logo in the small guide cell where the Channel number and call sign is now .... I'll pass ... way too crowded.

Reactions: whitewolf8214
Ok so some people like it and some people don't. On my parent's cable (X1), it is just logo and channel number. That is meh. At least give us a toggle on/off option because it is obviously a thing that is a personal preference. Like I said, I liked all three... channel number, call sign, logo. Especially in the locals. The national channels are so heavily branded that if you watch the channel at all, the logo should be something you recognize. And they still have numbers!! And call signs!!

Back to the topic of the screensaver...

When the pretty pictures first came back, the temperature and weather were down next to the time/logo, but now it's just the time and Directv logo). Does anyone else see the weather still?

Reactions: longhorn23
I just checked mine and No on the weather, but it does show the Time and the D* logo on the right bottom and where the picture is from on the left.

Ok so some people like it and some people don't. On my parent's cable (X1), it is just logo and channel number. That is meh. At least give us a toggle on/off option because it is obviously a thing that is a personal preference. Like I said, I liked all three... channel number, call sign, logo. Especially in the locals. The national channels are so heavily branded that if you watch the channel at all, the logo should be something you recognize. And they still have numbers!! And call signs!!

Back to the topic of the screensaver...

When the pretty pictures first came back, the temperature and weather were down next to the time/logo, but now it's just the time and Directv logo). Does anyone else see the weather still?

I like the logos too. Almost every other provider has logos. It's def a lot easier to find a channel when there is a logo and channel number. What is a call sign?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)