Screensaver on VIP211

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

FritzsCorner

Original poster
Dec 11, 2006
Hello,

I am new to these forums and DishNetwork and was hoping one of you might be able to help me out. My current setup is VIP622 hooked up to my 42" plasma and a VIP211 hooked up to my Old Samsung Rear Projection. Everything has been working great but I have been having issues getting my old S1 SA Tivo working with the 211. I can get the Tivo to change the channels on the receiver just fine and the recording works as well but I have been having issues with the ScreenSaver "Feature" on the VIP211. It seems there is no way to turn this feature off but only delay it up to 8 hours. The other work around is to set VCR Timers to keep it active but that has proven very difficult to get working just right.

I called DishNetwork and all they told me is that the screensaver is required for updates but I was under the impression that the update timer set for 3:00AM was used for this. The person I talked to was very kind and helpful but I am having a hard time understanding why Dish would not allow you to disable the screensaver. The only solution Dish had to offer was to set me up with a Standard definition receiver (free of charge) that has the option to turn the screensaver off. I will still have my vip211 to watch live HD but will be using the other receiver with my tivo to record my shows. This would all be fine and good with me other than the little problem of the $5 a month charge for an additional receiver. I have decided to go with this solution for the time being but if anyone has any suggestions on how I can disable the screensaver on the 211 I would be very grateful!

*Update* I just noticed that this thread is discussing the same issue and it looks like there is no fix. :( http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=64986&highlight=screensaver

Thanks!

Fritz

If you are talking about the inactivity standby feature, you should be able to disable it. This feature (or headache) was downloaded to several models. I have been turning it off for every customer.

nope, no fix other than to setup a timer to go off after the updates are done. set the updates to turn the receiver off at 3am or so, and set a autotune timer to go off at like 4 am or so... thats the only real way to work around it.... which you have probably already found out

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)