Screwed By Direct.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

ageism

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 2, 2006
When I signed up I was told in order to have HD for life I needed to keep the Ultimate package. Two months went down the road and I wanted to add starz to my package. Looked on line and saw that they were offering the HD for life also on the extra package. Since the Encore package is on the Ultimate package I wanted to see if I could drop down to the Extra without a problem. Called Direct and talked to a CR. He told me that I could get starz and as long as I kept auto pay I would have HD for life free and dropped my package down to choice extra was OK I will still have the free HD. Got this months bill and they charged me for the HD. Called and talked to two supervisors and they noted that WHAT HE SAID WAS ON MY ACCOUNT. But because I dropped down to the extra I can not have the free HD. They will not help me in any way. I lost the HD for life forever because of the downgrade. What am I supposed to do. I called, asked, and it was noted, and I still get screwed. What now?

Send a pm to Stonecold. He may be able to help quicker than calling Directv.

Be sure to check you bill closely as it is quite confusing. On mine, they charge me for HD, and then later add credit for it so Im not actually paying it. Dont ask me why...thats the way they do all my discounts. But so far, the bottom line is correct.

Since the Encore package is on the Ultimate package I wanted to see if I could drop down to the Extra without a problem. Called Direct and talked to a CR. He told me that I could get starz and as long as I kept auto pay I would have HD for life free and dropped my package down to choice extra was OK I will still have the free HD. Got this months bill and they charged me for the HD. Called and talked to two supervisors and they noted that WHAT HE SAID WAS ON MY ACCOUNT. But because I dropped down to the extra I can not have the free HD. They will not help me in any way. I lost the HD for life forever because of the downgrade. What am I supposed to do. I called, asked, and it was noted, and I still get screwed. What now?

when I placed my order a week ago to upgrade to HD I mentioned the free HD and the rep said I could get it with Choice +. You have top be on auto pay and they credit the $10. You're still charged for it but then there is a credit for it.

Here is a quote from a DirecTV email sent to me after ordering new service on-line Nov 23rd 2010: "FREE HD. To continue to receive FREE HD, you must maintain the CHOICE XTRA™ package or higher (or the MAS ULTRA™ package or higher) plus enrollment in Auto Bill Pay. This will be listed as "Free HD Access" on your monthly billing statement."

I emailed the customer Advocate and explained my problem. Around 5 pm eastern time I got a phone call from them. Since it was noted on my account that the change was ok, they put me back in the choice Ultimate package and gave back the hd for life, credit my account for the $10 for next month. They seemed to understand what happened and fixed it. I am glad because being a dish customer for 11 years I really like Direct and until this problem I am very happy with the move. Thanks guys for your help!

Here is a quote from a DirecTV email sent to me after ordering new service on-line Nov 23rd 2010: "FREE HD. To continue to receive FREE HD, you must maintain the CHOICE XTRA™ package or higher (or the MAS ULTRA™ package or higher) plus enrollment in Auto Bill Pay. This will be listed as "Free HD Access" on your monthly billing statement."

Yeah but that is for that time period. See anyone who has free hd is bound by the terms they had when they singned up. There are some people who have to keep premier to have free hd . glad it worked out . Emailing office of the president was what I was going to suggest to do anyway since the service codesfor free hd for life are not something a Supervisor normally has .

I emailed the customer Advocate and explained my problem. Around 5 pm eastern time I got a phone call from them. Since it was noted on my account that the change was ok, they put me back in the choice Ultimate package and gave back the hd for life, credit my account for the $10 for next month. They seemed to understand what happened and fixed it. I am glad because being a dish customer for 11 years I really like Direct and until this problem I am very happy with the move. Thanks guys for your help!

:up:up

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)