SD Channels? (1 Viewer)

Register Today to see less ads! It's Free!

NightRyder

1978 Y88 T/A 6.6 4 spd 1978-2020 RIP
Supporting Founder
Sep 9, 2003
NW Oregon
GaryPen said:
Have you noticed an improvement, as well?

I haven't been watching a lot of TV lately but the Premier of Rescue Me on FX last night looked pretty good (not many artifacts). Also I watched the premier and second episode of the 4400 I had recorded on my 508 and I can definitely see an improvement on USA network.

NightRyder

hancox

Pub Member / UConnaholic
Supporting Founder
Nov 23, 2003
Monroe, CT
This also could have something to do with them shuffling transponders for HD. If they move an HD channel off of a transponder that houses SD channels as well, I guess it would make sense that they "might" look a bit better

Carl B

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Dec 13, 2003
Arvada, CO
I noticed the PQ improvement of Dish SD channels on either Monday or Tuesday evening and mentioned it to the wife. She agreed. They did something. Thanks Dish!

BOYCOTT26

SatelliteGuys Family
Dec 2, 2003
I have noticed the PQ is better on SD channels also.Except the Travel channel
it always seems to look grainy,maybe it's just me. :)

oby

SatelliteGuys Family
Dec 11, 2003
Hi.

I just subscribe to Dish Latino, and have a Dish 311. That 311 is a neat, tight little unit. Since I have an HD tv, I decided to get an 811. They are going to deliver it on Saturday.

Question: Will the picture quality on the dish latino channels be the same on the 811, as my cool little 311? I've been reading some posts that maybe the non-hd channels quality suffers for some reason. I will not have any local channels--don't like em/don't need em.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts