SD HD PVR630 Whats it Worth?

chatapuggy1

Original poster
Nov 19, 2010
So Cal
I seem to have no luck in geting a SD system up and running, I dont have the time to even mess with it anymore as things are way too busy for me. I broke out the Roku player and the wife is happy with her netflix and thats just fine with me at this point.

So, that leads me to recouping some of my loss of this 75E dish and reciever pacakge. My question is this, What do you think I can get for a brand new HD630 box? The dish is a wash, I will keep it up, or make it dissappear either way, that itself was a big loss that I am gonna have to suck up.

But for the box I was thinking 200$ and buyer pays me for shipping which shouldnt be too much, Or I can do 220$ and just cover shipping.

This isnt a sale just yet (I know it has to be posted in the right fourm), as I will try one more time (the rain stopped) to tweak the dish and get it going, but if not, its time to move on, my paitience is gone. Let me know what you think. Thanks.

never use an unauthorized sd box for dish alignment...

It is just to difficult. I tried for an hour before giving up. Took the receiver to a neighbours house, called in and got it authorized and when I got home had finished the install in under 5 minutes. I find it just too hard to look at the red satellite logo and make the adjustments. I had a picture (and sound) on the screen in under 2 minutes, as it just "pops" on. Then go into the system status screen and fine tune further for highest ecb/no readings on the two sats (I used channels 284 and 299). Your other option is to use someone elses authorized recevier to align it. Beware the use of Birdog meters as they will not lock onto sd signals (at least 3.0 and lower). When we originally had the system installed (I took down the dish after), the installer had a spectrum anylyzer.

Anyways, good luck if you decide to keep it.

Steve

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)