SD Receiver 322 with HD Dish 1000.2?

I have an old SD receiver model 322. Will this receiver work with the Dish Network 1000.2 HD dish?

If there are any SD channels available, I think it should work. But I didn't think Dish would activate this receiver any longer...

Reactions: pattykay
Thanks for the reply

I have been using this receiver with a single LNB portable dish in my camper for years without issue. I recently installed a second TV. The portable dish I use is not DPP. It doesn't allow me to provide signals to both TVs through a single cable from the dish. I'm looking for a DPP compatible dish that will solve this problem and is compatible with my 322 receiver.

Reactions: TheKrell
Thanks for the reply

I have been using this receiver with a single LNB portable dish in my camper for years without issue. I recently installed a second TV. The portable dish I use is not DPP. It doesn't allow me to provide signals to both TVs through a single cable from the dish. I'm looking for a DPP compatible dish that will solve this problem and is compatible with my 322 receiver.
322 runs just fine on a 1000.2 Dish. Just remember to run a check switch

Thank You

As of now I can only receive 110 and 119. I read it may be possible to upgrade the 322 firmware to receive 129. Do you know if this is still possible?

What is a hybrid? The description says "NEW HYBRID LNB FOR THE LATEST HOPPER RECEIVERS" Will a 1000.2 hybrid work with an old 322?

Thank You

As of now I can only receive 110 and 119. I read it may be possible to upgrade the 322 firmware to receive 129. Do you know if this is still possible?
Just so you are aware, there are not very many national SD channels available on the 129 satellite, so you would not gain that much by adding 129 to your system. The only reason you might need 129 is if your market's SD locals happen to be located there.

What is a hybrid? The description says "NEW HYBRID LNB FOR THE LATEST HOPPER RECEIVERS" Will a 1000.2 hybrid work with an old 322?
Hybrid LNB works in either Hybrid Mode (for Hoppers that require that, such as Hopper 3) or DPP Mode, but not both at the same time. So, with your 322, it would work in DPP Mode, but it is really kind of overkill, unless you are planning to upgrade to a newer receiver later.

Reactions: TheKrell
I have the old dish 1000 but no LNB. Would it be viable to resurrect this old dish? I'm finding a new Dish 1000.2 is cheaper than the cost of a used DPP LNB for this dish. Maybe I just looking in the wrong places.

dish.jpg

I have the old dish 1000 but no LNB. Would it be viable to resurrect this old dish? I'm finding a new Dish 1000.2 is cheaper than the cost of a used DPP LNB for this dish. Maybe I just looking in the wrong places.

View attachment 147011
I am not sure where you have looked, but Solid Signal has the 1000.2 Western Arc LNB for $44.99:
I am pretty sure that would fit the dish shown in your picture.

I didn't think that would mount onto my arm or work with 3 LNBs. I thought I would have to install a twin LNBF identical to what was on it originally. Dish Network took that one back.

This is what was on it originally
DPP Twin LNBF

I didn't think that would mount onto my arm or work with 3 LNBs. I thought I would have to install a twin LNBF identical to what was on it originally. Dish Network took that one back.

This is what was on it originally
DPP Twin LNBF
Just use the 1000.2 Dish with a DPP LNBF. I installed many 100.2 Dishes on oldSD Receivers. It will show the 129 in the check switch, but you won't see HD programming on your receiver, obviously.

And yes, that receiver is so outdated, I can't even remember the last time saw one in a customer's house.

The DISH is not your problem. Your SD 322 is what is limiting your reception.
I agree. The reflector shown on the dish in the picture is a Dish 1000, so it is capable of receiving all three satellite locations. I am not sure why it would be installed with a bracket and LNB for only 110 and 119. Maybe that was just due to using it with an old SD receiver. Anyway, simply changing out the LNB (and if necessary, putting a new bracket on the arm, to hold the new LNB) should allow it to receive all three satellites. So, there is no need to get an entire brand-new dish.

I agree with the limitations of the SD 322. But hey, I have it, it works, it makes wife happy. I don't think she even realizes she's not watching HD. Life was good until I tried to add the second TV with only one cable going into the camper.

The only down side of using the Winegard GM-MP1 single LNB dish is moving from 110 to 119 takes about 10 minutes. It's easy to set up and store. This is in a camper while on vacation, so it's not like we are sitting in front of the TV all day anyway.

I really appreciate everyone helping me through this. Thanks

The reflector shown on the dish in the picture is a Dish 1000, so it is capable of receiving all three satellite locations. I am not sure why it would be installed with a bracket and LNB for only 110 and 119.

It's not; he's using a single-LNB Winegard. That is a spare dish Happy Jack has which is missing the LNB (and the LNB support arm), so it's not going to be that easy to add stuff.

Reactions: charlesrshell
It's not; he's using a single-LNB Winegard. ...
I understand that is what he is using now. He was asking whether it would be possible to use that old dish instead. Then he said that it originally had a twin LNB on it, before Dish took that LNB back. I was confused, because I used to have one of those original-model Dish 1000's, and the LNB bracket had two slots for holding LNB's: one slot to hold the Twin LNB (110 and 119, which was held by two screws) and one for the 129 LNB, which was held by one screw. The bracket shown in the picture only has one slot, with places for two screws, not the three total screws that I remember. It is hard to tell how wide that slot is just by looking at the picture. So, it is either the bracket for a Twin LNB (110 and 119 only, with no place to put the 129 LNB) or it is the bracket for the newer-style Dish 1000 LNB's that integrate all three satellites. Either way, the dish itself has the proper reflector for all three, so he would not need an entire new dish. He had been saying that the places he was looking, it would be cheaper to buy an entire new Dish 1000.2 instead of just the LNB. That is not the price range I saw when I was looking. So, just the new LNB (or if necessary, the new LNB and new bracket to hold it on the arm) would still be cheaper than buying an entire dish, if you can find a place that sells the LNB cheap enough.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts