SD Receiver ??

Hemi 6.1

On Vacation
Original poster
May 3, 2007
Wayne County,Pa
What model receiver does Dish use now for SD programming. I'm looking for one for my daughters room . No DVR just SD. But I want a new model. Not last years. Sorry ,I didn't mean to post this in the HD form. But I don't know how to move it.

Yes ,My daughters room right now. But I can't record and watch live programming at the same time,if she is watching tv. Because then she has to watch what I'm recording.If i put it in single mode she has to watch what I'm watching. Poor DVR design if you ask me. So I'm just going to put a standard receiver in her room. My HR-20 is much easier for DVR.

I see. The 311 is the standard Dish non-DVR single-tuner SD receiver. That receiver was released about four years ago, and it's pretty stable. I wouldn't expect to see any SD MPEG-2 receiver innovations from Dish now, with MPEG-4 on the horizon.

I see. The 311 is the standard Dish non-DVR single-tuner SD receiver. That receiver was released about four years ago, and it's pretty stable. I wouldn't expect to see any SD MPEG-2 receiver innovations from Dish now, with MPEG-4 on the horizon.

And because mpeg-4 is coming he might want to see what they offer a 211 for.

Standard Def is going MPEG4 too, Or just HD ? I wanted the Vip 222, bcause it has 2 tuners,in place of my 211. But now it would be an upgrade.I guess if I know how all Dishnetworks equipment worked in the first place,I wouldn't be having this conversation.I thought I was getting a Vip622 and a Vip222.So my daughters would have been hooked up to the 222 and not the 622.

It will be a while before all programming on Dish will go to MPEG4, so you won't need an HD box until you get a HD TV for her room. I am willing to bet at some point DISH will stop putting out the SD boxes because it will make it easier for Manufacture, and less up keep. Depending on how long you have had service will say what type a deal you can get from DISH. If you want another box, 1st check with DISH, then check out deals on the internet, you may find a used one for sale. MAKE SURE you get the CA ID or SMART Card number and check with DISH to make sure the receiver has no balance or belongs to dish. Otherwise you have to pay off the balance or have a BIG paper weight.

But dish has announced an all MPEG4 systems, sd and HD channels, with satellites launching at the end of the year(Probably starts up next year). They haven't said so but I wouldn't be surprised if new channels are only available on the new satellites.

Well ,I decided to just Hook back up Directv receiver in my daughters room . Thanks for all the help.Now I can use my 622 in single mode ,and use DVR the way it was intended.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)