SD TV on VIP 722 TV1 Position

teecee41

Original poster
Jun 9, 2009
TX
Is it possible to use a sdtv on the TV1 position on a VIP722 rcvr until an hdtv is acquired? Does DISH require a subscription to hd programming to send a 722 out? Thanks in advance for your expertise!

1) Yes.
2) I believe so. They also won't send one out without professional installation. You can avoid both requirements if you buy your own receiver, rather than lease.
3) You're welcome.

Yes, there are component and composite outputs for SD, as well as the RF output at broadcast or cable (QAM) output for SD.

ASFAIK, if you purchase your own HD STB, they no longer charge the old HD Enabling fee. You do not have to subscribe to an HD package.

However, if you plan to lease the HD STB (meaning they provide it to you at no charge or upgrade at a discount like the Dish'n it up), I do believe it requires a subscription to an HD package because that is how Dish gets its subsidy ($$ for their cost of providing the STB free of charge or as part of an upgrade) back.

Thanks for all the great feedback! Unfortunately, since I live in an RV, I don't think I'll be able to go HD anyway due to the disparate birds involved. It'll be real hard to get 'em all with one antenna and lnb...sad

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)