SD viewing on a Plasma TV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Hi

I just got an LG 42" LCD TV from Best Buy.

While it doesn't look as good as the HD the SD is certainly a good quality image.

I have to add that I spent a lot of time adjusting everything, I'm a graphic designer so I'm really fussy about the image, I want it to look real and not look like peoples faces glow, so I turn the color down quite a bit from the default settings.

Mike

sd pictureon panny plazma

on my 46"800u panasonic must sd channels such as tnt, usa, and tbs more very good i would say better than my 36" sony crt.

On my lcd Toshiba 42" hdtv I set my pic controls on the sports mode than I tweaked the pic controls and took the contrast down to 75, back light to 50, Brightness 50, color 45, sharpness 35, color is cool and dynamic contrast is high. This seems to make the sd look good and the hd still looks like good hd. I wish I could leave it all in sports mode and 100% contrast and 100% back lighting , but it would kill me to watch sd on that tv using those pic controls.

I have a 42" Panasonic plasma ans SD doesnt look that bad. As noted above, some channels look like mush but most look good.

The picture should look excellent if you press the menu button and watch it while in the PIP display.

I got my folks a 42" Panasonic 720p plasma last Christmas, and they have DishNetwork. The HD picture looks awesome. The SD picture looks good to really good, depending on the channel (they are stuck with SD locals since Dish still hasn't added HD to Evansville, IN). Compared to my 42" Philips LCD (2006 model), the Panny plasma has far better SD PQ.

Note: The 42" Panny is usually available for $599-$649 at Costco and Sams.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts