SE Michigan dealer??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kenny911

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 4, 2004
Michigan
Anyone know of a dealer in SE Michigan that sells and installs FTA systems? I know its not hard to install but I'm a wimp and don't want to go on the roof. Looking up a dealer in the phone book is difficult because either the numbers are disconnected or they are independents who sell directv. I'm in Ferndale, Michigan.

Make sure to ask if they have EVER done a KU band install before you hire them, LOADS of horror stories of DirecTV/Dishnotwork installers winging installs using TV as a signal meter! You could do it your self that way, a license is always a good idea too (Some states require it) , good luck!

I've actually installed a dishnetwork satellite at my house. I tried calling a couple places and one of them never installed a motorized unit and the other guy told me it would cost $600-$800 for install (Outrageous). Right now I have a dishnetwork 61.5 and 110/119 hooked up. Is that line of sight able to get most satellites?

hell for 600 bucks I'll drive from Minneapolis and do it :):D (just kidding)

depending on what you are looking to pick up, maybe
if you have no trees between the satellite dishes you have up already, you should be ok :)

Sounds as if you have a good view of the sky, you also have more experience than most of the pundits here, I would give it a go and install it yourself, we are all here to help, if you installed Dish network its only slightly harder to install a motorized system.

For $600-$800 I will pop over and do it : )

I would go for it you can always hire an installer if you cant get it, no shame there every man to his own trade, but LOADS of people here have managed it, if you take your time and do it one step at a time you CAN do it! And we can help!

Well I guess I'm going to install it myself then in a few weeks. Hopefully it doesn't snow by then :)

You are right there Iceberg, I have been thinking about a FTA review club where we could get together couple of times a year to test/review receivers and dish, have them all hooked up and do a real time review/test, as you know we have a few exciting things going on in the background here at the FTA forum and the Mother of all giveaway contests coming up around the holidays.........but don't tell ANYONE : )

What?

The fact I'm getting rid of all my FTA stuff and if you want it you have to come get it :):D

(Please note above was SARCASM :) I am NOT getting rid of any of my FTA stuff and if you e-mail or PM me asking to come get it I will ban you :D)

Sarcasm = the lowest form of wit : ) But it has never stopped me, even when no one gets it!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts