Want to buy Amiko HD SE or RE

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I travel a lot for work and would like to use SAT2IP to stream sat while traveling.

I believe it only works on your LAN. A better way to stream away from home might be to get a Slingbox, which can be had for about $20 on Ebay.

If you have a static IP, you could probably port forward the IP address of the SAT2IP stream, but according to KE4EST the streaming function (called Big2Small on Amiko boxes) is being discontinued and is hit-or-miss.

Last edited:
I believe it only works on your LAN. A better way to stream away from home might be to get a Slingbox, which can be had for about $20 on Ebay.

If you have a static IP, you could probably port forward the IP address of the SAT2IP stream, but according to KE4EST the streaming function (called Big2Small on Amiko boxes) is being discontinued and is hit-or-miss.
I agree, I have not found it to be very dependable (it worked when I tested it last year, and now I can't get it working). Also, my understanding is that it streams the entire transponder, rather than just the channel being viewed. Let's suppose a 20000 kS/s bitrate, 8psk, that could easily be too much for a typical residential internet connection upload bandwidth.

BTW, a nice bonus of this Amiko streaming was that I was able to watch 4:2:2 feeds on my tablet. It was a feed from Radio Canada on 107W Ku. I don't know if it would have worked on the CBS feeds in C-Band, I guess it would, and I don't know if it was MPEG 2 or 4.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts