Sea Launch has successful launch...

GNASH

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 2, 2007
Between Kalamazoo & GR. MI
Just decided to look at what is going on with SeaLaunch and found this on their website:

Sea Launch has successfully completed the Thuraya-3 mission. A Sea Launch Zenit-3SL rocket lifted off from the Odyssey Launch Platform at 3:49 am PST. All phases of the flight profile performed as expected. The mission ended with spacecraft separation from the Block DM upper stage, placing the Thuraya-3 communications satellite into a Geosynchronous Transfer Orbit. A ground station at Fillmore, California, USA, acquired the spacecraft signal shortly after spacecraft separation. All systems are operating nominally.

Sea Launch's Zenit-3SL rocket resumes operations with this flight, carrying the Boeing-built Thuraya-3 mobile communications satellite into geosynchronous transfer orbit. Once operational, this satellite will expand Thuraya's network coverage to include all key markets of the Asia Pacific region.

Here is a link to their press release: Sea Launch Delivers Thuraya-3 Satellite to Orbit

Looks like they are back (at least for the time being),
Geoff

so what is this sat. for?(sorry for sounding ignorent about this.)

This one has nothing to do with Dish or Direct. It will be for hand held devices in Asia and the Pacific. With this one out of the way, Direct is next (I think). If all goes well will that one Dish should be on soon after the Direct 11. I did read that Dish was going to use a Russian site for 2 of Dish's launch.

As I understand it, Next for Sea Launch will be a Diretv satellite that will offer HD locals (including PBS and Independents) in a large portion of the county. That is scheduled to be in about 6 weeks (March 1-ish).

After that is a Satellite for Echostar about April 15. Which one apparently depends on how Borat is doing. If Borat has not gotten around to one of the Echostar missions, then the SeaLaunch satellite will be for National HD.

Otherwise, the seaLaunch satellite will be for locals across most of the country

I understand that Borat is scheduled to Launch two Echostar satellites this year. The first about March 1 or so. The other one in August.

One of those three is for China. Not sure if that one could jump ahead in the order based on commitments to the Chinese.

Congrats to Sea-Launch for their successful launch. Now, full speed back to California to pick up the next sat. If you should happen to get confused about who's next, think E11 instead of D11.:p

Congrats to Sea-Launch for their successful launch. Now, full speed back to California to pick up the next sat. If you should happen to get confused about who's next, think E11 instead of D11.:p

Good idea, they certainly need it more right now.

D11 is up next. The ink is dry on the deal. After that it's Echo 11. Borat will be thrown in there somewhere. Dish needs these next three rockets to go up to plug the hole that's leaking customers.

D11 is up next. The ink is dry on the deal. After that it's Echo 11. Borat will be thrown in there somewhere. Dish needs these next three rockets to go up to plug the hole that's leaking customers.

If you could explain to me how they're "leaking customers" when the subscriber numbers are up I'll be all ears.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)