Sea Launch

sA :: Shaggy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 18, 2005
5701 S Santa Fe Dr
Ok I dont know if this is in the right spot but seeing that E* just had a see launch done i kinda think it does. anyway On the NTGEO channel 186 they are doin a "megastructure" on the sea launch. It starts at 10am PST SO GO CHECK IT OUT!

Last edited:
Thanks, but too late for me. Looks like that is the one and only showing. They can show the "MegaStructures: Itaipu Dam" a thousand times, but Sea Launch only once?

I have seen it within the last two weeks. Keep an eye on the guide, they will probably show the Sea Launch episode again within the next few weeks.

I looked ahead the next week & didn't see it. Maybe after that- you're right, I should keep checking. I can look ahead on the 721 EPG easiest and just record it.

Well, the 8 or 9 day EPG doesn't show it. I'll have to try to remember to check again next week.

SeaLaunch

I recorded it a week or two ago, made a DVD out of it, and forced all my friends to watch.
They thanked me. :)
Heck of a good show... tells just about everything you can imagine about the project.
Very well done.

How large is the file? What format did you use- any chance of sending it out as a mpg?

It was pretty interesting. Lots of facts. Like the satelletes launched from the equator end up with 3 more years worth of positioning fuel vs satellites launched from the US or Russia.

Also every shot of the rocket engines was blurred out and so were the control screen in mission control. The Ukraines & Russians were separate and secret.

The lauch platform is a converted oil rig, the control ship was constructed new. Both vessels had to go to Russia to be outfitted with the rocket stuff since it is all Russian military secrets.

navychop said:
How large is the file? What format did you use- any chance of sending it out as a mpg?
Well, with the commercials edited out of it, it's a 700mb mpg file, direct off the air.
I have not compressed it in any way, nor has it been re-digitized.
It was extracted off a 508.

If I had some place to send it, I could upload the mpg... as that is probably the easiest.
Zipping up an ISO image of a DVD, or the files to burn a DVD are also possible formats, and would be about the same size.
I'm certainly not going to host it from home and have 50 people fighting over my bandwidth. :)

Not sure this is the sort of thing that's appreciated on the forum, so let me know.
If it's not a problem, then I'll be happy to discuss where to shove it. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)