Dish Horror stories. I can't take much more!!

Killswitchengage

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 6, 2006
:mad:

posted this elsewhere but felt it needed it's own thread.

Last wednesday I called to switch my 811 to 211. Paid my $49.99 upgrade fee, CSR said no problem, call back tomorrow and we'll let you know when you can expect it. NO MENTION of wether I need dish 1000. I expected I didn't because I allready have my 500 pointed at 61.5.

Called back Thursday, was told 'hmmmmm, seems we made a mistake, were sending you a standard receiver, not a 211'. OK. CSR says' looks like we allready sent it out, when it arrives on Monday just refuse delivery. I'll set up another work order for the 211' Says I DO need the 1000 because they will eventiually discontinue the 61.5 bird and that he'll set up the installation since I allready paid the $50. I say OK, whatever it takes.

On Monday As I'm waiting for my Standard receiver, I call Dish AGAIN, to confirm Installation of 211 and dish 1000. Rep Confirms it and even asks if I would rather give the 811 to the installer or send it back in an empty 811 box that they will gladly send. I say The Installer. She says 'ok, I'll put a call tag in to the installer to take your 811 once he installs the 211'. All seems right with the world.

Installation was scheduled for between 12-5 today. I take the day off from work just to do this. 1:00 P.m. the doorbell rings. I think 'not too bad! right on time!'. I open the door to see 2 guys standing there with,,, a standard receiver.

It's at this point that I start to turn red, and my head gets slightly hot. The guys say 'were here to switch out your receiver with this one.'. I say Your going to install a dish 1000 and give me a 211 you mean?!' THe look of confuison on this guys face is second only to my dogs when he hears a high pitch that he can't quite figure out.

Then the installer says ' you know, I thought it was a little starnge that we would have to physically come to your house to switch out one receiver for another'. WOW! YOU THINK SO?!?!?! my mind starts to scream. The guy has no 211 and no dish 1000. He says 'sorry', shows me his work Order and that is indeed what it says. Just switch the receiver for another. Now if it were me, after reading this I think I would have called said customer BEFORE I made the trip, BUT MAYBE IT'S JUST ME.

Call DISH back, pretty hot at this point since I wasted a day of leave for nothing. CSR takes my info and says that indeed says 811 for 211, Dish 1000 installation nad has no idea why they did not know.
Says Sorry, Can we reschedule? BUT FIRST tries to hawk the DISH REPLACEMENT PLAN on me.

At this point I'm pretty steamed. Before she can start the pitch. I say, you gotta be kidding me? At this point I'm not even sure I'm stayingf with Dish. Please let me talk to a supervisor'. Another 5 mins on hold and a supervisor hears my anger, but doesn't ffer me a thing. Not a free month, a partial months credit, not even a stinking free PPV movie, how about at least the $49 dollar credit and free installation for debacle this has become?

I halfheartedly agree with ANOTHER installation date (2 weeks away) and say good bye. ONe more time and I'm gone. This has got to be the most ridiculous situation I have ever dealt with. I never had problems like this with DIRECT TV or COMCAST when I was with those 2 services.

Waiting for my next installation and whatever nonsense it might bring me. Another Standard definiton box perhaps?

"they will eventiually discontinue the 61.5 bird "

I'll bet that will make the people who paid $100 to get the VOom stuff very happy indeed....

Harry said:

I'll bet that will make the people who paid $100 to get the VOom stuff very happy indeed....

or those people that cant see 129 (like Florida & the NE)

Harry said:

aint happening, sorry to say, but I DOUBT they would ever do this!

stuart628 said:
aint happening, sorry to say, but I DOUBT they would ever do this!

Yeah. I didn't say I beleived the guy. That's just what I was told. My point I guess is that thus far my experience has been beyond ridiculous and it seems as if every CSR I talk to hasn't a clue about much of anything.

The guy who told me I needed the dish 1000 was adamant about the fact that 61.5 was NOT mirroring 129. When I brought up the regions that actually needed the 1000 without the 61.5 he seemed to get more confused sounding. I figured I better quit while I at least thought I was ahead and just schedule the 1000 to make the guy happy.

K4LK said:
Ice,

I'm in Tampa bay and can see the 139 satellite that has Anchorage locals in DVB with my 10' dish.

Dana

Yeah but most dont have 10' dishes:p pointed at 129.

Hey Dana just looked you up on QRZ, good profile, but don't forget your license expires in Dec.

SO heres how it ends???

SO after emailing my horror story to CEO@dish

Heres the reply I received:

Dear David,

After researching your account I do see that you are currently scheduled for February 18, 2006 from 12-5PM. The order shows that you will have a Single HD Tuner installed and the DISH1000 to receive the new HD Channels. I have notated your account for the return of the 301 and apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. If you have any other concerns with this order please contact me.

THATS IT!? gee thanks,,,,I'm finally starting to realize what most people have been pointing out all along. Dish really does not care. Of course I'm sure it's the same with all the other sat, cable companies too, ahh well

Moreso, why would he need a dish 1000 if he could repoint the 61.5 dish to 129? [If he could see it]..

Stupid morons :(

Currently, there is no way Dish will stop mirroring their HD content on 61.5...the 129 bird does not provide enough east coast coverage. Now if Echo 10 launches and opens up enough bandwidth on the main satellites (110 and 119). Who knows, then it might be possible to shift the HD content.

Sat_Jockey said:
Currently, there is no way Dish will stop mirroring their HD content on 61.5...the 129 bird does not provide enough east coast coverage. Now if Echo 10 launches and opens up enough bandwidth on the main satellites (110 and 119). Who knows, then it might be possible to shift the HD content.

Actually E10 will make it worse on 110. It will take 10 TPs and make them spot only (compared to 5 being used on 110 by E8). Now 3 TPs are currently being used for LIL on CONUS beams and one is being used for the olympics, so really they will only have to find one other TP. There is no place to put 18 other HD channels at this time.

And The Drama Continues,,,,,

oh god where to start,

SO the 211 became a 411 (No ethernet port) but whatever, I was happy that my new HD receiver finally showed up. Guys put the new dish up, came downstairs and called to activate receiver. This took 2 times and half an hour. But finally it was up! I could get Worldsport and UHD and I was a happy man!

UNFORTUNATELY,,, I was so fixated on my new HD channels that I did not check the rest of the set up. so 30 minutes after the installer left, I start flipping around and all the channels i used to get with the dish 500 are now showing a message "you must have a second dish to receive these channels, DISH Network will gladly supply this free of charge,, blah blah, blah.

CHeck my switchand 61.5 is not there!!! I call the CSR and he says " oh yeah, he probably forgot to hook that dish up before he left, LETS SET ANOTHER APPOINTMENT"

so now Dish has wasted 2 days of my life with a third to come this Saturday.

Damn you DISH, Damn you!!!!!!!!

Killswitchengage said:
oh god where to start,

SO the 211 became a 411 (No ethernet port) but whatever, I was happy that my new HD receiver finally showed up. Guys put the new dish up, came downstairs and called to activate receiver. This took 2 times and half an hour. But finally it was up! I could get Worldsport and UHD and I was a happy man!

UNFORTUNATELY,,, I was so fixated on my new HD channels that I did not check the rest of the set up. so 30 minutes after the installer left, I start flipping around and all the channels i used to get with the dish 500 are now showing a message "you must have a second dish to receive these channels, DISH Network will gladly supply this free of charge,, blah blah, blah.

CHeck my switchand 61.5 is not there!!! I call the CSR and he says " oh yeah, he probably forgot to hook that dish up before he left, LETS SET ANOTHER APPOINTMENT"

so now Dish has wasted 2 days of my life with a third to come this Saturday.

Damn you DISH, Damn you!!!!!!!!

If you have a Dish 1000 and the check switch screen shows 119, 110 and 129 then you should be able to receive everything. What channels are you missing? What is the signal strength on the 3 satellites?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)