Seagate Free Agent 500 GB HD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

edpkp81

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 21, 2007
Lake Ariel, PA
Seagate Free Agent 500 GB HD Not Working

My Seagate Free Agent 500 GB HD is making a beeping sound and I can hear the drive spinning very slow. Is it toast?

Have you powered down the drive? Tried to play back from? Was sleep mode disabled?

Beep

I’m sorry to say this but if you have a beeping sound coming from your Seagate FreeAgent hard drive then it is very likely the motor is seized.

I’m sorry to say this but if you have a beeping sound coming from your Seagate FreeAgent hard drive then it is very likely the motor is seized.

Needless to say I'm quite disappointed considering it's only 6 months old and I only plugged it in when I was watching something or when transferring. Will be contacting Seagate as I believe it is under warranty for 5 years.

Needless to say I'm quite disappointed considering it's only 6 months old and I only plugged it in when I was watching something or when transferring. Will be contacting Seagate as I believe it is under warranty for 5 years.

Yep, but AFAIK you'll lose your data when they send you a reconditioned drive back. :mad:

I thought I would mention, this drive is on sale at Office Depot for $89.99 through 05/31/08. Just ordered one for my father in law for Father's Day. You can get it via both the store and website.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)