Seagate HD for Hopper

olhardhead

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 9, 2015
Lafayette, La
I connected a Seagate HD to the Hopper USB port and the Hopper does not see it. I used this drive with my 211k receiver on my " Tail Gater " system and it worked flawlessly. It is USB powered.

I connected a Seagate HD to the Hopper USB port and the Hopper does not see it. I used this drive with my 211k receiver on my " Tail Gater " system and it worked flawlessly. It is USB powered.

Hello olhardhead, garys from SatelliteGuys is correct.
Hard Drives are not cross platform. If it on a VIP211 or on a VIP722, they won't work from one to the next. The receiver will need to reformat the drive to work with the unit its attached to.

Our basic hard drive requirements are:

While most major manufacturers' external hard drives are compatible, keep in mind the following guidelines when purchasing or using an external hard drive:

• When using an external hard drive with a ViP 612, 622, 722, 722k, 922, or Hopper, the drive should be no smaller than 50 GB and no larger than 2 TB
  • When using an external hard drive with a ViP 211, 211k, 211z or DISH 411, the drive should be no smaller than 50 GB and no larger than 2 TB
  • The external hard drive must have its own power supply
  • The external hard drive must support USB 2.0
  • The external hard drive must not use flash memory and should only be a single-hard disk drive

Hello olhardhead, garys from SatelliteGuys is correct.
Hard Drives are not cross platform. If it on a VIP211 or on a VIP722, they won't work from one to the next. The receiver will need to reformat the drive to work with the unit its attached to.
When I switched from VIP722k to HWSs, my two WD EHDs worked just fine. They did not need to be reformatted.

Have you tried another Hopper USB port and how about a pull power cord reset?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts