Search feature has changed for the bad

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

riderj

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 21, 2007
Branson
The search feature has been changed. Previously prior to U939 if you pressed the search button it would offer (by pressing 0) to search for whatever program you are watching or have highlighted in the guide. Now it offers you a list of recent searches, and you now have to actually type in the name of what you are searching for. Not so easy with the 70,s style typing window. I hope that enough people complain about this so as to raise their attention.

And also, Please Return the 4X FF. Get rid of the 60 if you have to make room.

Reactions: jimthezete
Please Return the 4X FF. Get rid of the 60 if you have to make room.
I disagree with that last part. 60x is at least still somewhat useful. 300x is mostly just good for skipping all the way to the end of a recording. So, I would say the FF options should be 4x, 15x, and 60x. Get rid of the 300x, and replace it with a "Skip to End" button option instead.

I disagree with that last part. 60x is at least still somewhat useful. 300x is mostly just good for skipping all the way to the end of a recording. So, I would say the FF options should be 4x, 15x, and 60x. Get rid of the 300x, and replace it with a "Skip to End" button option instead.
I
I can't disagree with that. As long as 4x returns, I will be grateful every day, as I desperately miss the 4x many times every day.

Reactions: pattykay
I agree. Pressing 0 to search showings of a show/movie/program was a great way to find a future showing of the program in case you missed the start of the show/movie/program. I especially liked that you could press search while in the guide and not even have to be watching the show, and then pressing 0 would give you showings of the program that you were on in the guide.

I agree. Pressing 0 to search showings of a show/movie/program was a great way to find a future showing of the program in case you missed the start of the show/movie/program. I especially liked that you could press search while in the guide and not even have to be watching the show, and then pressing 0 would give you showings of the program that you were on in the guide.
Can't you just press Info while that show is highlighted in the Guide, and then go down and select Showtimes (or Episodes) from the Info screen for that show? It is a slightly different way to get there, but it still works just the same.

Can't you just press Info while that show is highlighted in the Guide, and then go down and select Showtimes (or Episodes) from the Info screen for that show? It is a slightly different way to get there, but it still works just the same.
Pressing Info or Select does not show schedules of future episodes. When you press Info, the only options you get are Watch, Record This and Record Series.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)