Search Feature on Hopper

stardust3

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 7, 2006
This feature is not working on a hws. Is this a known issue? Searched this site with no results.

The guide is fully updated, I believe the software is s342. This is a new ra'd receiver just fired up a little while ago. The old box had the feature quit also some time back. Talked to a csr after I posted this & the 1st words that came out were that this is a known issue. It's hard to say as it works for some......who knows.

Search will take about 24 hours or so to work correctly on new Hoppers.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

Search will take about 24 hours or so to work correctly on new Hoppers.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

Was thinking I heard that mentioned before. Time to take the wait & see approach.

If you put it into standby for a couple hours I'd bet it fixes itself. Sounds like the RMS data isn't downloaded, or maybe it was rebooted and interrupted or maybe tuners were in use etc. Either way, if you let it update overnight, that problem should go away, or leave it alone without timers firing for a while and it should finish the download.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Search will take about 24 hours or so to work correctly on new Hoppers.Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner
Having gone through several replacement Hoppers in just a matter of months, I can definitely vouch for this. You have to think about all of the shows and movies over numerous networks and how it needs time to download all of that information to generate search results. I'm surprised the DISH tech didn't tell you it would need at least 24 hours before the search will work once they prepared to send the replacement. I was told this every time. The search can also stop working once you are towards the end of the week since they have been recently introduced. You can see a show or movie in the Guide but a search results in 'No Results Found' -- One problem I always have whenever they have a free preview weekend for a premium movie channel (such as Showtime) is the search results won't produce any results for the Showtime channels once the preview is active. That still requires a day. Since this particular preview was only for three days, I wasn't able to get any Showtime searches until the final day.

Perhaps you need to invest in a very nice UPS/line filter setup. Any indication as to what keeps going wrong?
The reasons for replacements were because random episodes and movies stored on my HWS were disappearing for no reason as if they were deleted (although I know they were recorded and were once there), or every recording from specific channels (Chiller, Syfy, Showtime Beyond) or up to a certain date (January 20, 2014) were rendered as if I had already watched them to 100% but unplayable. I also bought another External Hard Drive since my other one was mainly filled with the contents of my old ViP 722K receiver.

The wait & see approach worked, what a difference a day made.

Now if I can only remember this for the next time. :rolleyes:

Thanks everyone. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)