Status
Not open for further replies.

cdru

Just another yahoo
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 4, 2003
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Has the search feature always been an "or" search when multiple keywords are entered? For instance, when I search for my hometown of Fort Wayne, I get results for Fort Worth as well as posts with the name Wayne in it, neither of which was what I was looking for.

Also, searches also appear to include forums that I have "turned off". I beleive the old forum preferences "hack" disabled those forums from showing up in search results if they were turned off.

Last edited:
The new search is a faster one, however it has its flaws. There are some settings I want to change on it but have not gotten a chance yet with everything that has been going on the past few days. :)

lost messages/threads ?

This is the third forum I use which has recently switched to vBulletin 3.5.1
(and I love it!)

All three seem to have lost threads they previously had.
For instance, if I search for some key word in a thread that I have replied to, and use my name as part of the search, I come up dry.
Seems the same if I don't use my name, too.

Maybe it's a user malfunction, but if you come across the bug, maybe we can get it fixed.
Or maybe there's something in the search that doesn't go back far enough in time?

Hope others will notice and comment.

I just cleared and rebuilt the search index. You should be able to search for 3 letter words now without any issues. :D

Anole, I don't think the Key Word search will find your post unless someone quoted you, and your User Name bacame part of someone's post. You can use Advanced "Search by User Name" instead. Yet the easiest way to find your previous posts is to click on your avatar and then select "Find all posts by Anole"
Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)