Not open for further replies.

KAB

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 20, 2005
Fishers, IN
I was trying to find a post I started a few weeks ago to link in another thread.
The exact title of the thread was...HD Channels not on 61.5. Search did not bring it up. I had to go wade through my past posts to find it. I've read a couple of other posts saying search wasn't finding what they were looking for. FYI.

Well, there were plenty of other threads from much farther back that had HD, channels, in the titles

Here I am again complaining. Tried to find the thread about out Internet Response Team...titled, "So what do you think". Every word, including "think" came back as too small or too common. Is there nothing that can be done to adjust search parameters. I selected exact phrase and got the same response. How did I find it?? GOOGLED it. Added Satellite Guys to the phrase and it was FIRST hit.

Last edited:
Did you put quotes around the phrase?
Answered my own question, it doesn't help.

I used to search for a key word in a post I'd made...
...OR...
in a post I'd started.

Now, I don't seem to be able to do that.

Likewise, all the results of Advanced Search seem to be jumbled in time (and often irrelevant).
I got by with the old Advanced Search; it wasn't great and I kept my own cheat sheet, but when necessary it got by.
Now, the search is pretty much useless.

The Google search is somewhat better, but nothing to write home about.
It won't differentiate between posts I made or posts I started.

I've probably overlooked some technique to get better results, so could I please buy a clue? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)