search timer ?

bnewt

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 6, 2003
Shepherdsville, Ky
what does this feature used to know if a program is new or a repeat? I have noticed that the information about the program will say "new". Is this what it uses? I am having problems with this feature recording programs that I think it should since the forced update to the new cui.

I find the Search feature to be neither reliable nor predictable. It appears to record the first instance it finds without regard to that instance's language or resolution. I used the sports app to record future matches for the Liverpool Football Club. The app created a Search timer. The first time the timer was activated, it that produced a virtually unwatchable SD recording from a Spanish language station. The guys who are responsible for programming the Search function should look at Layer 3 TV's search function which works properly.

what does this feature used to know if a program is new or a repeat? I have noticed that the information about the program will say "new". Is this what it uses? I am having problems with this feature recording programs that I think it should since the forced update to the new cui.
As you probably know, most of this type of problem is caused by Dish (unwillingly) switching to a different program provider, and getting wrong program guide information from the provider. A long time ago, on a Charlie chat, one of the Engineers said that the information that Dish uses to determine whether or not to record a show is NOT the same information that we see in the program guide (that information is hidden from our view). I don't know if that is still true, but I would guess that it is.

Reactions: littlecloud319
something is wrong.......ever since the new cui, none of the original seek timers that I set are working

It's not just the CUI, it's also the new guide data. I had to remake all my timers, and even so, I still have to remake one every now and then. The strangest is for MotorWeek on the local PBS station. It was set to new only, and never recorded any of them. I would check and it would say it was going to record. Somehow, on the day of the show each week, the flag in the guide saying that it was new would change to not new, so it wouldn't record. I had to set that one to weekly.

Reactions: littlecloud319
It's not just the CUI, it's also the new guide data. I had to remake all my timers, and even so, I still have to remake one every now and then. The strangest is for MotorWeek on the local PBS station. It was set to new only, and never recorded any of them. I would check and it would say it was going to record. Somehow, on the day of the show each week, the flag in the guide saying that it was new would change to not new, so it wouldn't record. I had to set that one to weekly.

The guide data is terrible. I have to monitor all my timers each and every day to make sure they still work. And sometimes, thats not even enough because data changes during the day. In addition, the on demand data includes events that Dish doesn't even carry.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts