"Searching for Program Guide" Glich

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DirectMan

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 9, 2005
I have a D10-200 and have recently experienced a software glich on the machine. Every day or so I get a blank screen when I am watching TV (usually it is something important like the NCAA Final Four tonight) with the message in the blue patch at the bottom stating "Searching for Program Guide". I press the channel button, the Select button, the off and on button - nothing seems to get me back to my program. After about 30 seconds or so the program comes back on magically.

I am current on my updates, with the latest 0x1004 downloaded about a week or so ago. Anybody else experiencing this glich?:confused:

Searching for program guide

I have been seeing this every 25 minutes for 2 days now. The screen goes blank and comes back in 5 seconds but Extremely annoying. I called DTV but they said they knew about but dont know when it will be fixed. They even offered free service to compensate. I said I dont want free service, I just want my MTV!!!!!:hungry:

5-12-2006

Andre

I have been have this same issue on my D10 for the past couple of days. I also have a relative with 4 D10s and they are doing the same thing. It does become somewhat annoying after a while. I hope they come up with a fix soon. I might call and get my month of free Showtime compensation anyway :haha

-Dan

It has to do with the 72.5 sat. So far it's been narrowed down to those markets.

Beavis said:
It has to do with the 72.5 sat. So far it's been narrowed down to those markets.

I was starting to come to that conclusion myself because I notcied that not too many people have been talking about on here.

Also, I called DirecTV a little bit ago and the CSR basically told me the same thing that he told bogus. They are aware of it and it was caused by the last software update and they are working on a fix. No details on when it will be fixed. He told me that I will know when its fixed because that message will stop popping up. Pretty good advice ;)

-Dan

DAVEL1800 said:
What did the upgrade fix then?

I'm not sure. I don't follow software updates on the D10 too much as my main receiver is an older Hughes HDVR2 Tivo that I'm planning on using until it no longer functions at all. Staying away from the R15 as long as possible. I don't like change :p

Last night I got a random "Searching for satellite signal (771)" on my D10 while watching a local channel. Went in and checked all of my 72.5 signals and they were fine. Called and talked to a CSR and he thinks that this problem and the "Searching for program guide" and related. He also told me to go to test channel 496 for the 72.5 satellite and it has no message on it but the local channels are working fine. He was not sure why that was either. I checked with a few friends and their 496 shows nothing as well, on a variety of different receivers. All we can do is wait and hope it's fixed soon. They gave me 3 free months of Showtime for my toubles. DirecTV's solution to making things all better :p

-Dan

Crystal Pepsi Ball said:
Try to rerun the auto-detection on each receiver and that may fix the issues.

He had me do that while on the phone. I haven't noticed any messages over the past day or so. They either fixed something (I haven't seen the software update message at all though) or it kind of fixed itself. Still no message on test channel 496, though, but everything seems to be working as it should.

-Dan

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)