Searching for Satellite but 92 signal.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

zeech

Original poster
Aug 19, 2010
rochester,ny
Hey everyone. I'm having a little problem with setup. My Dtv box is working, I tested it @ a friends who also has a triple-lnb dish and the picture came right up. But when I hook it up to my dish it just says searching for Satellite. I am however recieving a 92 signal on one of the xsponders for sat. 101. Is it possible I have a bad dish? Thanks for the help, going nuts.

We'll need more info to help. What kind of receiver & dish. You said triple lnb dish so I would assume you have just a standard receiver? If that's the case, what signals are you getting on the first row (1-8) when you run a signal test on the 101 sat? 92 is a good number but it needs to be that way all the way across the row for most numbers.

It is a standard def receiver(Hughes)... have to get the dish type for you. It is a stationary 3lnb that was installed 10yrs ago by dtv. Oval shaped. I only get 5 or 6 xsponders in though on the 101 and they are in the 20's, I get none on the other 2 sats. I'm thinking it has to be the dish.

It's really odd that you would have a high signal (92) on one TP on the 101 and NOTHING on the rest.

Your dish is about a 1000 years old, you would probably be better off to upgrade.
You should be able to call D* and have them replace the dish with one that they will pay for.
Are you upgrading recvrs at all ?
What recvrs are you using ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)