Searching for Satellite......

Status
Please reply by conversation.

311Man

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 11, 2006
Two weeks ago had new Slimline Antenna installed. I live near Allentown, PA and with recent snow fall today now have no signal from dish. It has virtually been like that since 6PM and it has stopped snowing. With my old dish I would get fade but it would normally return after short period of time. This is occuring on all receivers. Dish has slight snow accumulation at bottom. Called D* and they are placing service call but can not get here for 10 days!!! Anyone else in the area have similar type issue. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Any trees or other objects near or flanking the dish's look angle that may also have a good bit of ice or snow; maybe causing it to sag into the LoS? Any ice on the dish's reflective pan?

Any trees or other objects near or flanking the dish's look angle that may also have a good bit of ice or snow; maybe causing it to sag into the LoS? Any ice on the dish's reflective pan?

Dish is installed on side of house on roof line with clearance over any trees. What do you mean by LoS?

Sorry;

Line
of
Sight

Is it possible that the weight of any accumulated snow or ice, knocked the dish out of alignment?

Have you checked to see if any of the connector might be wet or damaged in any way?

Sorry;

Line
of
Sight

Is it possible that the weight of any accumulated snow or ice, knocked the dish out of alignment?

Have you checked to see if any of the connector might be wet or damaged in any way?

Well, the alignment is a concern now. Especially if D* won't get here for 10 days. Looks like I am only getting about 8 transponders on 101. Most say "0" with the others around low 40's and one at 64. I will have to check connectors at grounding point to see if there is any issues there. Otherwise without a tall ladder can't really do much regarding the dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)