FSN West HD mysteriously not broadcasting in HD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Siguy

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 8, 2007
So I was curious why the Lakers game wasn't in HD seeing as how FSN West HD and FSN Prime Ticket are now permanent, national HD channels.

Then I go to my folks place and turn on their Time Warner cable box and there's the game on FSN broadcasting in HD. What the hell? Why even carry FSN West HD if you're not gonna bother to get the HD signal from them?

I could've sworn I watched an HD preseason game on FSN West HD on my directv setup. This is really stupid; I mean, getting that channel in HD was one of the things I was most looking forward to with the new satellite. What's the deal?

So I was curious why the Lakers game wasn't in HD seeing as how FSN West HD and FSN Prime Ticket are now permanent, national HD channels.

Then I go to my folks place and turn on their Time Warner cable box and there's the game on FSN broadcasting in HD. What the hell? Why even carry FSN West HD if you're not gonna bother to get the HD signal from them?

I could've sworn I watched an HD preseason game on FSN West HD on my directv setup. This is really stupid; I mean, getting that channel in HD was one of the things I was most looking forward to with the new satellite. What's the deal?

I have noticed that same crap. My brother was watching on cable in HD and here I am watching Dtv in non HD. Not sure why. That seems to be the case with several of the so called HD channels.

The Lakers and Utah are in HD on FOXW HD on both channels 367 and the HD 417 channel. At least here in S.B. in Southern CA.

Yeah but that's on your cable box right?

My issue is with Directv not broadcasting HD on a permanent HD channel. Makes me think their channel launch was a lie and they're moving bandwidth around on a need-to-need basis.

Yeah but that's on your cable box right?

My issue is with Directv not broadcasting HD on a permanent HD channel. Makes me think their channel launch was a lie and they're moving bandwidth around on a need-to-need basis.

It's actually on DishNetwork.

I now have Directv also. Signed up for Sunday Ticket mainly. I switched over to Directv and you seem to be correct about the game not being in HD.

Not that I doubted you.

its in HD now... its been in HD since halftime.

Weird. Hopefully this was just a bug in the system. I don't want to drive over to my parents' place every time I want to watch a game in HD.

i've noticed since fsn west and primte ticket went hd, none of the hockey games have been in hd, unless on channel 94. i saw the second half of the lakers game but it was in sd. there wasn't an hd version listed in the hr20 guide.

This is becoming a joke. They offer these games in HD and they are not HD like the Lakers game last night, or I get a Not Available in your area" message. I pay theaccess fee and I pay for the NBA and NHL packages. I am getting sick and tired of puting on a game and expecting it to be HD and not be HD. I have called several times, but it continues.

sometimes, you'll get a not available message on your screen but the game (depending on sport) is being broadcast on channels 94 or 95. happens all the time with hockey. gotta check those channels too!

Okay, sorry to bump an old thread, but I thought it better than making a new one. This is happening again.

FSN West HD at my place, no HD on directv. At my parents house on Time Warner, HD. Luckily tonight is also on channel 95 in HD, but it's a very ugly broadcast with a lot of artifacting.

Last time the FSN West feed suddenly turned HD for my directv at the end of the game, but this is really, really suspicious. Why would a full-time HD channel not be broadcasting HD whenever possible? Makes me think FSN West is not as real HD national like directv claimed.

And of course, as soon as I post this, FSN West HD mysteriously turns back into HD (a much nicer HD than the channel 95 HD). Very weird.

753-1 which is the NBA-LP channel for the Bulls/Lakers was also in SD while the guide said it would be in HD, sent an e-mail into D* about the problem, maybe someone actually read it and got it fixed?

And of course, as soon as I post this, FSN West HD mysteriously turns back into HD (a much nicer HD than the channel 95 HD). Very weird.

Channel 95 would be MPEG2 and the FSN West channel would be in MPEG4, that would be why it looked much better to you :)

Jimbo

At first I also thought FSNW Lakers/Bulls game was not in HD. I had native off
and only the 720 box checked....and the game displayed in SD ?????

I then unchecked 720 and checked ONLY the 1080 box and low and behold the Bulls/Laker game displayed in HD!

I also viewed the same game on a 90's HD channel in HD.

I use a 42" Panasonic Plasma TV bought last year at this time.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)