Low res hook up to HR20/21?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

goheelz

Original poster
Jan 22, 2005
Cincinnati
I'm looking to upgrade to the HD systems in the near future. My current set up allows me to slave or mirror off my receiver to another small tv in the kitchen. This is done by a cable that runs from the sat box to the kitchen. I would like to do this after I upgrade, but the new receivers do not have a cable out. My kitchen tv is not in a place where I can easily put a wireless repeater (it's mounted to a post). Is anyone aware of a setup the will carry the audio and video signal from the HD DVRs via standard coax?

They sell converters for coax to composite. I have never bought one but I see them mentioned every time some one has your question. Try Radio Shack or BB or CC.

Works better than expected, H20/HR20 does a good down conversion.

I have a RF converter channel 3 system that feeds two SD TVs on the other side of the house. HD looks good on SD TV.

Matt

They sell converters for coax to composite. I have never bought one but I see them mentioned every time some one has your question. Try Radio Shack or BB or CC.

I tried that awhile back and did NOT have very good results, make sure you can return it if you don't like the outcome.
I ended up running new lines in the attic to the other room to rectify my situation,which I should have done in the first place.
You situation will not allow you to run new it sounds like.

jimbo

I use my HR21 with a SD television and the only issue is that when watching a HD show with letterboxed selected there will sometimes be white dots at the top of the picture (I think this is data sent during the vertical retrace interval). It varies by channel. The HD version of a channel looks slightly sharper than the SD version.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts