Searching for Signal in.. 771 (HR21)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

talos4

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 26, 2005
SE Wisconsin
I've had this issue off and on for a couple of months with my HR21. Only with MPEG-4 and local spotbeam.

The last time, tech came out and changed out my AT-9 dish to the Slimline. Improved the signal strengths a bit which prior to the change were NOT an issue.

80' and 90's with a few high 70's thrown in here and there.

It's been several weeks and the problem went away.

It's back.

I have 5 other receivers (Tivo, 2 SD's, H20, H21) working without issues.

Before I get all the usual suggestions, I've reset, (RBR), plugged, unplugged rubbed, massaged and prayed over every connection, changed BBC's, power, mutliswitch, tried 3' long pigtails,everything, including demanding a new receiver. I tried that and got the usual suggestions to try first and a new dish.

My Question is, Is this an issue that D* is addressing/aware of?

I do the CE's and am running the current release.

If I get a new receiver I don't think it will be resolved because others have reported the same issue.

I've seen and participated in the thread on DBSTalk and it appears noone really has an answer. That's where I got the 3' pigtail fix, Thought I'd try here.

I had the same problem, after the tech replaced everything, they found the LNB to be bad, once they changed out the 5 lnb all was fine. My sat's were all above 85, the problem seems the dish will send signals down the line. but no picture, this is what took so long to find the problem.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts