Searching Grid on Dish Remote Access returns no results

SantaCruzJoe

Original poster
Jun 8, 2009
Santa Cruz, ca
I've been trying to use the Search function on Dish Remote Access page. I can see the channel grid fine but if I enter anything in the search box, the grid completely disappears and no results are ever displayed.

Anyone know how to make the search work?

I've been trying to use the Search function on Dish Remote Access page. I can see the channel grid fine but if I enter anything in the search box, the grid completely disappears and no results are ever displayed.

Anyone know how to make the search work?

I just tried it, it was slow but worked just fine.

I just tried it, it was slow but worked just fine.
The problem is that the tabs there (Grid, Today, Later, MyDVR) are all highly succeptible to specific users, and dishXX.sling.com server connections.

When I first logged in via DishNetwork.Com ... selected Dish Remote Access under "My Account" ... after entering my user/pass ... I would get connected to Dish6.sling.com ... everything was fine .... I started hearing problems with dish4.sling.com ... so I made things change ... and used dish4.sling.com ... but had no issue.

Some time later (days, week or more?) I logged in, and this time I was sent to dish1.sling.com .... I lost a couple of channels out of the grid .. and had absolutely nothing appear for Today / Later.

PM'd one of the Dish IRT and they waved their magic wand, and when I logged out, then in again (manually logging out, not just closing the browser) I was reconnected, and then on Dish11.sling.com ... everything came back as it had been on dish6.sling.com.

The moral.. sometimes the problem is user account on server processing, not that any one server fails for all persons.

During all this time.. people continued to have problems with Dish4, some had issues with Dish6, and so on..

To the O.P. .... Make note of which server you connect to (dish XX?? . sling.com) then log out (choose the log out option on the screen upper right side) after doing that .. clear cookies and delete junk ... If you don't want to clear all your cookies you would want to go after any "dish" and "sling" cookies ... or not at all, your choice.. and then try to log back in. See if your dishXX.sling.com server has changed.. and see if any other things have changed.. if not... the next thing would be to PM Matt or Tony, ask them if they can bump your account off of which ever dishXX.sling.com server you are on.. or if they know of the grid search problem being assicated with certain servers (and or users) etc..

If you get redirected and everything is good.. then you're another of those that's run into the odd ball user account / ona / sling server problem.. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)