Sears & DTVPal

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
:D - that is just hilarious - :D

In LA, anyone getting a CECB would probably compare it to getting basic cable.
Here, we've got 50-55 subchannels on the air right now!

I'm sure it's the same in most big cities . . .
. . . and our diverse ethnic population just fuels that fire all the more.
We've got Armenian, Korean, Vietnamese, Japanese, Chinese, multiple Spanish-language, and some I've probably missed. - :up
AND, a whole lot of English, that you'd normally only get on FTA satellite.

When I checked out after using my government converter box coupon the register would not allow use of a credit card for the balance ($19.99 + $3.90 tax). So the salesman sold me a gift card for $23.89 on my CC and then used the gift card for the Balance due.

Sears registers treat the coupon as a credit/debit card (probably because it looks like one!), and they are only programmed to allow one card per transaction (to keep Bubba from financing a big screen using all of his available credit card balances?) At least the CSR's figured the gift card workaround method - how would you like to hear, "Sorry, you must pay the balance with cash because this red thing is a credit card, according to our system."

I picked one up at the Sears in Coon Rapids MN on Friday - they had about 20 in stock. Also went with cash to pay the balance from the coupon so no problems. Hooked it up and it works great. :)

And when I went back today with my coupon, they still had 6 boxes ready to go. Plus they added the price sticker on the shelf. I suspect I know why they aren't selling many boxes (see below).

I offered cash for the difference between the coupon value and the DTVpal. The cashier didn't bother issuing me a gift card. But get this: after the sale, the cashier told me, "You know you can't activate this box before next year..." :eek:

I tried to correct that misinformation. I told him that our stations are currently simulcasting, and even have additional subchannels not available to analog tuners. This was greeted with the same nonsense from a different sales associate. So I tried again. I told them both that I have two other ATSC tuners that can receive and convert digital programming right now today, and how many channels they are getting. A 3rd sales associate then again tried to tell me the box wouldn't work until next year. It was like talking to a brick wall.

Yes sales people are soooo smart I read about a sales person at a fast food place in a mall and the customer tried to pay his bill with a $2.00 bill.
The sales person would not take because he said that there were no $2.00 bills and his supervisor agreed with him.They called mall security and finally took the $2.00 bill when the mall security man made fun of them.

Yes sales people are soooo smart I read about a sales person at a fast food place in a mall and the customer tried to pay his bill with a $2.00 bill.
The sales person would not take because he said that there were no $2.00 bills and his supervisor agreed with him.They called mall security and finally took the $2.00 bill when the mall security man made fun of them.

Probably never seen a hot rod Ford, either. :D

Make the call

I have tried many times to find the Pal at sears.com. Could not find it OR the Magnavox - "converter box" search turned up some lingerie (?) and tools, other iterations of the words "dtvpal", "digital", "converter", and "box" were fruitless as well. SO, I think you have to call and ask. Don't refer to Dish Network either - that'll just confuse them (the box is de-branded, if I remember right). Maybe "that new converter in the pretty red box" will work?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts