Sears & DTVPal

:D - that is just hilarious - :D

In LA, anyone getting a CECB would probably compare it to getting basic cable.
Here, we've got 50-55 subchannels on the air right now!

I'm sure it's the same in most big cities . . .
. . . and our diverse ethnic population just fuels that fire all the more.
We've got Armenian, Korean, Vietnamese, Japanese, Chinese, multiple Spanish-language, and some I've probably missed. - :up
AND, a whole lot of English, that you'd normally only get on FTA satellite.

When I checked out after using my government converter box coupon the register would not allow use of a credit card for the balance ($19.99 + $3.90 tax). So the salesman sold me a gift card for $23.89 on my CC and then used the gift card for the Balance due.

Sears registers treat the coupon as a credit/debit card (probably because it looks like one!), and they are only programmed to allow one card per transaction (to keep Bubba from financing a big screen using all of his available credit card balances?) At least the CSR's figured the gift card workaround method - how would you like to hear, "Sorry, you must pay the balance with cash because this red thing is a credit card, according to our system."

I picked one up at the Sears in Coon Rapids MN on Friday - they had about 20 in stock. Also went with cash to pay the balance from the coupon so no problems. Hooked it up and it works great. :)

And when I went back today with my coupon, they still had 6 boxes ready to go. Plus they added the price sticker on the shelf. I suspect I know why they aren't selling many boxes (see below).

I offered cash for the difference between the coupon value and the DTVpal. The cashier didn't bother issuing me a gift card. But get this: after the sale, the cashier told me, "You know you can't activate this box before next year..." :eek:

I tried to correct that misinformation. I told him that our stations are currently simulcasting, and even have additional subchannels not available to analog tuners. This was greeted with the same nonsense from a different sales associate. So I tried again. I told them both that I have two other ATSC tuners that can receive and convert digital programming right now today, and how many channels they are getting. A 3rd sales associate then again tried to tell me the box wouldn't work until next year. It was like talking to a brick wall.

Yes sales people are soooo smart I read about a sales person at a fast food place in a mall and the customer tried to pay his bill with a $2.00 bill.
The sales person would not take because he said that there were no $2.00 bills and his supervisor agreed with him.They called mall security and finally took the $2.00 bill when the mall security man made fun of them.

Yes sales people are soooo smart I read about a sales person at a fast food place in a mall and the customer tried to pay his bill with a $2.00 bill.
The sales person would not take because he said that there were no $2.00 bills and his supervisor agreed with him.They called mall security and finally took the $2.00 bill when the mall security man made fun of them.

Probably never seen a hot rod Ford, either. :D

Make the call

I have tried many times to find the Pal at sears.com. Could not find it OR the Magnavox - "converter box" search turned up some lingerie (?) and tools, other iterations of the words "dtvpal", "digital", "converter", and "box" were fruitless as well. SO, I think you have to call and ask. Don't refer to Dish Network either - that'll just confuse them (the box is de-branded, if I remember right). Maybe "that new converter in the pretty red box" will work?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)