Season 6 episode 5: Lighthouse thoughts/discussion

Why is everybody always hating on Jack? Granted he is not my favorite, but he is not that bad. The whole point of his character is that as a doctor he always feels like he has to fix everybody. That is a big reason for him being chosen. By the way, did y'all know in the original script, Jack was suppose to be killed in the second episode?

By the way, did y'all know in the original script, Jack was suppose to be killed in the second episode?

Interesting! I didn't realize that. I know Ben's character was supposed to be temporary as well but they decided to write him in. Wonder who they wrote out instead ;)

Episode was ok, not the best, but still enjoyed it. I sort of figured what happend with the mirror at the lighthouse was supposed to happen when Hurley spoke to Jacob. Also the appendix scar in the beginning was interesting.

-Mike

Yep I think Jack breaking the lighthouse mirrors is symbolic in the fact that now either people cant make it to the island anymore, or cant be viewed upon in the other world...They (Jacob?) have found the candidate they want and the search is over, I Could be wrong but I feel as though thats why the lead jack to break the mirrors.

Jack annoys me. Just when his character gets good and heroic again he has to go and do something stupid that makes everything else more complicated.

I'm voting for Jack taking over for Jacob, and Sawyer taking over for Locke/"bad guy". Would love to see them going at each other for all eternity.

Yep I think Jack breaking the lighthouse mirrors is symbolic in the fact that now either people cant make it to the island anymore, or cant be viewed upon in the other world...They (Jacob?) have found the candidate they want and the search is over, I Could be wrong but I feel as though thats why the lead jack to break the mirrors.

thats a good thought BUT, Jacob did say to Hugo that "they" would find another way. I hope DEsmond and Winmore show up.

thats a good thought BUT, Jacob did say to Hugo that "they" would find another way. I hope DEsmond and Winmore show up.

hmmm, you made me rethink this a bit. Remember how Desmond had protected the island for years in the hatch entering numbers and has always been "special" for some reason. He's been at odds with Witmore the whole time as well. Maybe they would be the good vs evil, white vs black and not Jack and Sawyer?

-Mike

hmmm, you made me rethink this a bit. Remember how Desmond had protected the island for years in the hatch entering numbers and has always been "special" for some reason. He's been at odds with Witmore the whole time as well. Maybe they would be the good vs evil, white vs black and not Jack and Sawyer?

-Mike

yep, thats what i am thinking. and not sure who is good or evil yet. still thinking fake locke MIGHT be good

yeah but there are people that can get to the island without the need to be brought there (i.e. black rock, plane crash) I dont know who it is, but I know one thing, I will probably be confused when it happens. :D

yeah but there are people that can get to the island without the need to be brought there (i.e. black rock, plane crash) I dont know who it is, but I know one thing, I will probably be confused when it happens. :D

jacob brought the black rock to the island. jacob and MIB on beach in season 5 opener, he said so, in so many words. and the "rules" dont aply to Desmond ( but I agree with the confused part!!)

jacob brought the black rock to the island. jacob and MIB on beach in season 5 opener, he said so, in so many words. and the "rules" dont aply to Desmond ( but I agree with the confused part!!)

your right I had a brain fart moment..so for my theory to be correct it would have to be desmond/charles whitmore/penny/eloise type character. MAN I cant wait for tonight!!!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)