Season 6: episode 6 Sundown thoughts/discussion

Tonight is the night...guess we will see a little bit more about whats going on with sayid, and see why Sun was screaming in the previews...oh and does claire kick butt in the temple?

All I can say is NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! I liked Sayid :( Though the parallel story lines again showed how inevitable fate was.

Also I noticed a trend (maybe I'm a bit slow)... Sawyer and Sayid both took lives, and look where they ended up. I can't remember about Claire however, did she ever kill anyone? I'm curious as I suspect Kate is going to go "bad" to continue the theme, however what's interesting is that the Locke Monster noticeably has NOT spoken to her.

So Jin or Sun next? I'm betting one and not the other.

-Mike

Well my timer stopped at exactly the top of the hour and the show had not ended yet. It showed Sayid and Claire coming out of the temple and facing Locke, and my recording stopped. Did I miss anything? Was anything said? What did the preview for next week look like?

Well my timer stopped at exactly the top of the hour and the show had not ended yet. It showed Sayid and Claire coming out of the temple and facing Locke, and my recording stopped. Did I miss anything? Was anything said? What did the preview for next week look like?

Well they walk out with Kate in the back and see "Locke" and a group of the other's standing there outside. Kate looks over the dead bodies as it plays some sad/odd music. She then picks up a gun. The point that struck me was that remember how Sayid was told "If he talks to you, it's already too late..." Well when they are walking out, Locke looks at Sayid and Claire and essentially nods at them in aprovement. Then he looks at Kate, then looks away and nothing is said. Not sure if that's significant or not that he didn't talk to her.

Next week looks like the Ben episode, and they make it sound like Ben is going to die, but not sure what they mean by that.

-Mike

Again another episode with more questions than answers. They of course advertised 10 more episodes left until the the 2 hour finale.

Locke/smoke monster definitely seemed to be the devil in his dealings with Sayid and Claire. The whole I can give you anything you want in the world deal if you just do one evil thing for me. If there was any debate before if he was maybe not all bad, this episode showed his true intent.

Interesting that Jacob could be killed but Locke seemed unphased by the dagger to the heart.

Again another episode with more questions than answers. They of course advertised 10 more episodes left until the the 2 hour finale.

Locke/smoke monster definitely seemed to be the devil in his dealings with Sayid and Claire. The whole I can give you anything you want in the world deal if you just do one evil thing for me. If there was any debate before if he was maybe not all bad, this episode showed his true intent.

Interesting that Jacob could be killed but Locke seemed unphased by the dagger to the heart.

Maybe that's the thing, he's not really dead but wants everyone to think he is? He obviously seem to know everything that is going to happen for the most part, though people's free will seems to be the one variable. It's got to be more than a coincidence that Jacob wanted Hurley and Jack to leave so they'd avoid all this mess at the temple. I get the feeling that even though The Locke/monster things he's winning, Jacob is letting him think that and knows exactly what's going to happen.

I really thought Sayid would be able to fight it, but guess not.

-Mike

who's to say that after a certain time (3 days) jacob dosent come back to life? also didnt anyone else feel let down that the dagger didnt kill the man in black? I thought it was a special dagger with powers, but in the end it was all a way to get sayid killed. Also my thought after this episode is this, Jack=jacob, Sawyer= MIB, sayid=ben, temple survivors=others, and of course claire=French lady ( I dont know how to spell her name, nor am I going to try Scott or Goaliebob would take a stab at it, but not I).

Maybe Sayid is just buying time to figure out a way to take out Locke/smokey. He was obviously upset that the guys from the Temple were trying to kill him, so why not take them out and play along until he finds a weakness.

I can always hope....

Maybe Sayid is just buying time to figure out a way to take out Locke/smokey. He was obviously upset that the guys from the Temple were trying to kill him, so why not take them out and play along until he finds a weakness.

I can always hope....

Me too!

Maybe this was mentioned already, but was Claire's deal with the Locke/Monster that she could kill the one(s) who took Charlie? If that's the case, that's why it didn't kill Kate I bet as it was Claire's deal.

-Mike

Maybe this was mentioned already, but was Claire's deal with the Locke/Monster that she could kill the one(s) who took Charlie? If that's the case, that's why it didn't kill Kate I bet as it was Claire's deal.

-Mike

you mean the one who took Aaron? and maybe she is pretty crazy and ticked, like a 3 year long case of p.m.s really.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)