Season 6: Episode 17 and 18 The end thoughts and discussion

JamesJ

AKA Stuart628
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 21, 2004
Akron (Cleveland), Oh
Well this is it, the big epsiode where we either walk away mad and confused or just walk away! I am printing on my dharma labels for my party and I have decided I will be attending as hugo, I will need alot of extra stuffing though to fill his shirt out :) I have not shaved in a week so I will hopefully be a little scruffy and I bought a long hair curly wig (its a little too red for my liking but it will do) my wife will go of course as hugos girl! and we have enough people coming over we have just about every character (main ones) except sayid. should be fun!!!

The sideways world was a "waiting area" until all were dead and so they could move on to the next adventure together. It was Desmond's job to get them all to "wake up" and get them to the Church. However, I don't know why Ana Lucia and Mr Ecko weren't in the group.

The sideways world was a "waiting area" until all were dead and so they could move on to the next adventure together. It was Desmond's job to get them all to "wake up" and get them to the Church. However, I don't know why Ana Lucia and Mr Ecko weren't in the group.

What about Michael or Walt?

"The next adventure together?" Creative. Much to mull over. Just trying to remember who was alive and who was dead. :)

Jack's Dad told him some died before him, and some long after, ie Hurley, obviously.

I loved the finale as well. I don't understand some of the idiots online who still think that their time on the island was "purgatory" and that they all died in the plane crash (didn't Christian Shephard explain that well enough?). Oh well, I thought it was a great ending to a truly great TV show.:up

Even though my affiliate had MAJOR transmission issues all 2.5 hours (UGHH), I think I got the jist of it. I didn't really care for the ending, but unlike others I've talked to, I don't think it discounts the run of the show. I thoroughly enjoyed my time watching it and getting wrapped up in the mysteries.........in fact, some of the online theories about what was happening were better than the (non) answers the writers gave. I think the writers built a "machine" based on mysteries and got in over their heads. They did their best to back out of it, but couldn't pull it off in the end. I can accept that.

Having said all that, I feel the finale was a bit lazy on the writers part. I would have liked to see a few of the really big mysteries addressed and somehow woven into the puzzle (ie. What is the island? The smoke monster? The donkey-wheel & time travel?)...As it was, the finale only really answered one mystery - - - what the flash-sideways were - - - which was a mystery they introduced this year.

I still love the series as a whole, but am pretty disappointed with an anti-climatic end.

I loved the finale as well. I don't understand some of the idiots online who still think that their time on the island was "purgatory" and that they all died in the plane crash (didn't Christian Shephard explain that well enough?). Oh well, I thought it was a great ending to a truly great TV show.:up
Yeah....I don;t understand why people think that....It was very clear to me that what happened on the island was reality.

I'm not sure why Shannon was with Sayid at the end.......They made it pretty clear that Nadiya was his true love.

Yeah....I don;t understand why people think that....It was very clear to me that what happened on the island was reality.

Maybe because of the plane wreckage at the credits....gave people pause to think if the island was actual reality.

I enjoyed reading that, it makes some sense.

I kind of wish I had archived the last several year's episodes; this is something I know I will want to go back to someday.

Now I realize there is a huge gap -- last year we saw the end of Battlestar Galactica and its great mysteries, and now LOST. There is nothing like either on television. :(

After watching this ending I kinda feel that watching the entire 6 years was a big waste of time.

After watching this ending I kinda feel that watching the entire 6 years was a big waste of time.

I get what you're saying, but not really. :)

I am VERY disappointed that the finale dealt almost exclusively with character relationships and not island mythology, but that does not take away from 6 seasons of great TV and speculation.

When I watched the last hour this morning I was kind of distracted; but I just watched it again, and I really enjoyed it much more; and thought it was really good. I feel like I understand it better. Truly satisfied.

I did not need any more mythology answered; I don't think there is anyway to adequately explain the mystical source of the island; I think the Jacob episodes got to a lot of that.

great ending ( not the best, like the sheild and frazier better) to a great series;
the ending went for the heart not the mind.

michael is stuck on the island for what he did. the whispers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts