Season Pass and disk space question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dobies

Original poster
Sep 13, 2005
I have Dtivo with a new R10 receiver to allow me up to 70 hours of programming.

So far everything is fine, except I tried to make a new Season Pass last night and got the message that *not sufficient disk space*.

I've only got about 35 hours on the Now Playing list recorded.

I have a LOT of Season Passes set up (haven't counted them)

I have a LOT of *To Do* programs scheduled, probably because of the Season Passes I've set up.

Does the 70 hours limit apply to what I already have saved or to what I have in the To Do list? Or to the many Season Passes I have. Or something else?

I'm hesitant to call Direct TV because I always seem to get the new kid on the block :) who knows less than I do!

Any ideas?

TIA (PM me if you wish)

dobies

Yes it does. It is assuming it can not use that space, ever. You should use it sparingly. With 70 hours you will rarely see a show deleted before you can watch it.

Curtis0620 said:
Yes it does. It is assuming it can not use that space, ever. You should use it sparingly.

Thank you very much! This means, I guess, that I'll have to re-program each new episode, week by week? Sigh, just when I was getting used to never have to do that again. :) Maybe I should have spent the money for the 100 hours of programming? :)

dobies

dobies said:
Thank you very much! This means, I guess, that I'll have to re-program each new episode, week by week? Sigh, just when I was getting used to never have to do that again. :) Maybe I should have spent the money for the 100 hours of programming? :)

dobies

Just go into your Season Pass Manager and change the recording options for each Season Pass. That shouldn't take very long.

A tip for you, erase your programs after watching or if you want to save it record it to a VCR or DVD. A hard drive is not a permanent storage media.

Curtis0620 said:
Just go into your Season Pass Manager and change the recording options for each Season Pass. That shouldn't take very long.

Okey dokey. And thanks.

dobies

Status
Please reply by conversation.

What would D* be like today if under Original Management or Echostar?

H20 Manual Yet?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)