Seattle, Indianapolis Get DirecTV HD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

cablewithaview

Stand against retrans!!!
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 18, 2005
DeKalb County, AL
DirecTV Inc. Wednesday launched local HD channels in the Seattle and Indianapolis DMAs.

Seattle-area subscribers to the direct-broadcast satellite company’s service will now receive KING (NBC) and KIRO (CBS), and DirecTV said it is in discussions with the area’s ABC and Fox affiliates.

As for Indianapolis, subscribers currently have access to the HD signals of WRTV (ABC) and WXIN (Fox), and talks are ongoing with the local NBC and CBS affiliates.

DirecTV now offers local HD broadcast channels in 26 cities.

http://www.multichannel.com/article/CA6339852.html

Dandy. I wish they would work on getting the markets they've already rolled out working correctly.

wtf! Why are they still in "talks" with NBC abd CBS? that's stupid. Is there any chance of UPS/WB being broadcast in HD?

I live in Denver, and upgraded to the H20 before the rebate expired simply because I didn't want to have to pay $200 to lease it when I could get own it for free. I really have no intention of bending over backward to get my locals in MPEG 4, which would involve not only paying $99 for the new dish, but re-routing all of my sat cable because my attic mount antenna is diplexed into the each of them. I get all my stations OTA, and D* hasn't even come to an agreement with our local NBC affilliate. Why would I do away with a system that works well just to get my locals from a different, downgraded, source that won't carry all of the channels?

The only way that I'll upgrade to a new dish is if they come out with the slimline AND they offer new nationals in MPEG 4. Until then, why sweat it? I just wish D* would give me a reason to spend more money. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)