SEC Football on CBS...

rswan55

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 23, 2005
used to be the BEST thing i'd ever seen in HD. Now, it looks like crap. Is this a CBS issue? or a Dish issue? I'm getting the local HD feed from Dish. I have a 50" Panasonic 720p plasma...

Man, i'm glad it's not just me. I've been tweaking my TV to try and figure it out. Looks like crap on my local OTA CBS too, less crappy than the Dish version, but still pretty bad.

I finally got it looking a little better by reducing my contrast and brightness a little. It's not as good looking as it used to be, but it is a little more crisp for me this way with my Toshiba 50" DLP, 622dvr connected via HDMI.

used to be the BEST thing i'd ever seen in HD. Now, it looks like crap. Is this a CBS issue? or a Dish issue? I'm getting the local HD feed from Dish. I have a 50" Panasonic 720p plasma...
Crappy weather carries through on the HD signal as well. The banner at top with the score and the rest of the signal looks just as good today as any other day - but the shot of the field shows the conditions good or bad.

In short - mine looks great today, but the weather on the field looks much worse in late November than early October just about anywhere.

What do you notice when they are broadcasting the game and not showing the shot of the outdoors/field?

I've got 1080i and no complaints except for bad conditions on the field. The bud-light commercial looks perfectly normal.

The field is always "dancing grass" - not sharp at all. I've got 50" Panasonic plasma 1080i with std Dish HDMI cable. With a previous 42" Panasonic plasma, hooked up via component, the CBS SEC football was flawless. I'd call this just a couple of clicks better than SD. The game on ABC is better, but not as good as in the past. Should I consider a better quality HDMI cable?

I mean overall, the Dish HD channels dont seem to be as good as they were, say a year ago...

I mean overall, the Dish HD channels dont seem to be as good as they were, say a year ago...

Let me go a step further and state that overall, Dish doesn't seem to be as good a provider of satellite TV as they were, say a year (or five) ago.

I have the CBS feed from 3 sources, Dish, OTA and Cox. the picture is equally crappy on all three. NBC games are just as bad if not worse. The picture looks somewhat good until anything moves, then you see a very crappy pic especially if there is any red in the shot. The studio shots are fine so it has to be something in the uplink from the game. A good way to see the difference is to record an NBC or CBS game on the weekend and then record it on NFL network and compare, you will see a huge difference in color saturation and clarity. Of course this may only be in certain markets, I get the locals out of mobile/pensacola for all my feeds. Maybe things will change in feb when there is no more analog broadcast.

Its not just dish. It looks bad on Directv, and OTA on two different southern markets. I am glad Its not just me. Even slight motion produces alot of blocking

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)