SEC Network hires Tim Tebow

I love Tim for what he did for my school. :first:

I'm not sure how good of a commentator he'll be, but I know he can't be any worse than Desmond Howard.

Hey Tim if you are reading this thread, could you do me a favor at your new job, punch Jesse Palmer in his mouth. Thanks.

So, is the SEC taking over ESPN officially next year ?

The Big Ten has thier own Network, unaffiliated with any other network (actually they are owned by Fox, but Fox doesn't show BT games).
Is the SEC going to stand on thier own or do we continue to have the sec/espn marriage to deal with ?

ESPN owns the SEC Network
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SEC_Network

The SEC Network (also known as the SEC ESPN Network) is an upcoming cable college sports network dedicated to coverage of the Southeastern Conference (SEC), scheduled to launch on August 21, 2014. The network will be operated by ESPN as part of a 20-year partnership, and feature coverage of SEC sports, along with news/analysis programs and other content focusing on the SEC's member schools.

The first year you will see intriguing match ups on the SEC network to be used to get customers to put pressure on providers. The funny thing ESPN has said this without hiding what they will do to market the network. I have heard higher ESPN higher ups interviewed many times on this subject.

ESPN owns the SEC Network
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SEC_Network

The SEC Network (also known as the SEC ESPN Network) is an upcoming cable college sports network dedicated to coverage of the Southeastern Conference (SEC), scheduled to launch on August 21, 2014. The network will be operated by ESPN as part of a 20-year partnership, and feature coverage of SEC sports, along with news/analysis programs and other content focusing on the SEC's member schools.

HOPEFULLY, this will be a Regional network, but I doubt it.

The first year you will see intriguing match ups on the SEC network to be used to get customers to put pressure on providers. The funny thing ESPN has said this without hiding what they will do to market the network. I have heard higher ESPN higher ups interviewed many times on this subject.

So, how does ESPN cover the new sec games as well as the current contract covering the Big Ten games.

Ohio State up here is on the local ABC or ESPN/espn2 every week.
Has been that way for years, haven't heard of anything changing, at least not yet.

Last edited:
I believe ESPN will have its choice of which network to put any SEC game they choose after CBS.
If you were ESPN and were trying to sell a network why not put most/some primes games to lure customers.

I believe ESPN will have its choice of which network to put any SEC game they choose after CBS.
If you were ESPN and were trying to sell a network why not put most/some primes games to lure customers.

Well, thats the only thing I can see happening, seeing the sec typically plays thier important games in the evening.
The Big Ten big games are usually in the late afternoon (3:30).

That said, if it's anything like the BTN, the MAJOR teams only play on it a few times a year and never a Marquee matchup.

it won't be much different than now.

CBS gets the main game, the ESPN networks and now the sec network gets the rest.

The big difference will be on coverage of second and third tier sports.

The big difference will be the pairings they will have on the SEC network compared to the past where the 11:00 SEC network game was just plain trash.

it won't be much different than now.

CBS gets the main game, the ESPN networks and now the sec network gets the rest.

The big difference will be on coverage of second and third tier sports.

So, the Big Ten gets the 12 noon and the 3:30 games and the sec gets the late 7:30 game and something else during the day ?

Can't wait to see when a 3:30 game runs late and a sec game is suppose to be starting, what they do.

Do what they always do. Put on ESPN news until the time to switch.
They never allow enough time between games.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts