SEC Network in HD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

AntDogg65

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 25, 2008
Nashville, TN
Hey Guys,

I know that Dish doesnt control who gets the SEC Network so those answers are not needed to the question I am about to propose. What I want to know is that in Nashville, we get the main five locals in HD, ABC,NBC, etc... Why can't we get MYTV 30 in HD? Because the pq for the SD feed was horrible for the Bama game and every other game that is shown on that station. You couldn't look at it for more than five seconds without the screen completely blurring up. So maybe if we get this local in HD, this may not happen for future games. I want to see my Vols and all other SEC teams colors without being blurred up.

Hey Guys,

I know that Dish doesnt control who gets the SEC Network so those answers are not needed to the question I am about to propose. What I want to know is that in Nashville, we get the main five locals in HD, ABC,NBC, etc... Why can't we get MYTV 30 in HD? Because the pq for the SD feed was horrible for the Bama game and every other game that is shown on that station. You couldn't look at it for more than five seconds without the screen completely blurring up. So maybe if we get this local in HD, this may not happen for future games. I want to see my Vols and all other SEC teams colors without being blurred up.

THE SEC NETWORK is also carried on some dish alt hd channels I know last weekend for sure.My local SEC NETWORK wasnt available in hd but I picked it up in the alternate hd channels.This weekend look in the 400 range and the 9500 range.Im sure you will pick it up.:)

Those games on the Alt channels were locked out to me this weekend since one of our locals picks up the sec network package. I'm pretty sure they were unlocked last season

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

MYTV 30 may have just dropped the ball and forgot to switch over to the HD signal. KHBS had quite a problem last year with some games, although i think it had to do with some equipment malfunction though. You might give them a call about it or shoot them an email.

do i have to remind you that the SEC network, the Big East network and the Big XII network are not 24/7 network but a syndication service that basically under the ESPN+ umbrella. ESPN+ is the syndication outlet of ESPN in which they cover sporting events with a modified version the ESPN graphics and use reporters and announcers from the ESPN family of networks.

We all know they are not 24/7 networks but a package of games syndicated for each conference. However they are advertised as the SEC network Big 12 network etc...

It is not Dish that is providing the crappy video either. It is the local station. Our local KGEB can't pass HD so we get letterboxed feeds of the SEC games and KWHB can't either. Their feed of the ACC game this past week was pretty bad. I swear they were getting an analog feed as you could see rolling bars in the blurry video.

osu1991 said:
We all know they are not 24/7 networks but a package of games syndicated for each conference. However they are advertised as the SEC network Big 12 network etc...

It is not Dish that is providing the crappy video either. It is the local station. Our local KGEB can't pass HD so we get letterboxed feeds of the SEC games and KWHB can't either. Their feed of the ACC game this past week was pretty bad. I swear they were getting an analog feed as you could see rolling bars in the blurry video.

I noticed the same rolling bars, as it brought back many memories. Also, the HD feed of the Bama game was pretty bad, especially at the beginning.

I tried to get the Tennessee game on one of the Alt channels and it was blacked out. Even though it said on the info "available in Tennessee only"
My 30 is absolutely crap in SD. However I have it on HD from OTA.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts