SEC Network Launches August 14 Channel 611

Status
Please reply by conversation.
If I have this right. Longhorn Network covers only one school. If that's the case then I wouldn't support Directv making everyone pay for it. Instead I would prefer they make it an add-on channel. As a UF fan I wouldn't expect non-UF fans to pay for a channel that features only my school. As for the conference channels. I thinks those are different as they cover many schools and are more appealing to a wider array of customers.

I'm fan with a conference channel, but a one team channel, they need their hand slapped. Tell the horns to shove it.

I'm fan with a conference channel, but a one team channel, they need their hand slapped. Tell the horns to shove it.
They will probably see good money (maybe), but that one channel killed the Big 12.

On the flip side, that happening gave the SEC a better bargaining position since it gained two teams that saw an immediate upgrade in national recognition, and those two capitalized with better recruiting, and facility improvements, along with a bigger national following (because of their success), which in turn made the SEC network that much more desirable.

It would have happened for the network anyway, but this certainly gave it a little more ammunition.

They could have looked to do something regionally on a Major network like ND did.
Even though ND is nationwide, I think.

I wonder if the guy that decided to go it alone with the LHN is still employee seeing NO ONE has jumped on board.

Is THIS the ONLY way to get Texas Longhorn football currently ?

Today I was able to go home for lunch which was nice. While home I turned on the TV to watch the ESPN News channel while I ate. A few minutes later and not thinking anything would happen, I tried channel 611 and to my surprise I did not get the “Channel Not Available” message from my guide It was just a blank black screen. After sitting on the channel for about 30 seconds I tuned back into ESPN News. Right before I left home to return to work I tried again and was then met with “Channel Not Available”. So I don’t know if my guide had a glitch or if Directv was actually working on the channel, but that blank screen was the first time I’ve been able to tune to 611. I know I’m probably reading way too much into this, but it was kinda of a fun moment. Can you tell I'm excited to watch this channel on THURSDAY!!!

If I missed this my apologies, but does anyone know the actual time that it goes live (the network itself, not just on D*).

Midnight?

I received this email today. It says it will be 6 P.M. ET. It also included a lot of info so thought I'd share.

Charlotte, N.C. -- SEC Network, a new sports network devoted to the Southeastern Conference and operated by ESPN, will debut nationwide on August 14 at 6 p.m. ET with a three-hour SEC Now that will visit every SEC school and the 21 sports within the SEC. The following 14 days will feature an array of events and specials, including customized programming to feature 14 schools in 14 days with team previews, greatest games and SEC features leading into the network's first college football game on Thursday, Aug. 28, Texas A&M at South Carolina.

In addition to expansive college football programming to kick off the season, the network will also showcase its commitment to elevating sports across the conference with both men's basketball and women's soccer events airing on the television channel and 15 soccer matches being carried live as SEC Network + events on SECNetwork.com and WatchESPN.

SEC Network will begin a regular slate of studio shows and fall programming following Thursday, Aug 28.

Highlights of 14 Schools in 14 Days:
• SEC Team Previews - every SEC team will have its own 30-minute college football preview show with analysts Greg McElory and Booger McFarland breaking down the team's potential for the 2014 season
• "Best of" games: each school, over 14 days, will have a marathon of great games from the last 5-10 years
• All-Access: four 30-minute specials taking viewers inside preseason practices throughout the conference as teams prepare for the 2014 season
• SEC Football BCS National Championships - the SEC won nine BCS National Championships, including seven consecutive titles between 2007 and 2013. On Saturday, Aug. 16 SEC Network will air an 18-hour marathon of SEC BCS National Championship wins
• SEC & The Heisman - on Sunday, Aug. 17 viewers have the chance to relive SEC games featuring standout performances from SEC Heisman winners; The games will be followed by a one-hour special with the SEC greats who have taken home the most prestigious trophy in college sports and an SEC Rewind game from 1980 featuring two Heisman trophy winners - Georgia's Herschel Walker and South Carolina's George Rogers
• SEC Storied - an ESPN film series from the creators of the Peabody and Emmy Award-winning 30 for 30 series, focusing on the people, teams, moments and events that tell the ongoing story of the SEC
• Men's Basketball - three games from the Kentucky Men's Basketball Big Blue Bahamas Tour will air live on SEC Network August 15-17 at 1 p.m.
• Soccer - Georgia at Ole Miss will kick off the soccer season on SEC Network Friday, Aug. 22.

For in-depth breakdown of schedule please visit ESPN Mediazone

Additional Programming Information
• 2014 Fall Slate of Programing on SEC Network
• Football Schedule: All 14 SEC football teams to play on SEC Network in First Four Weeks
• Volleyball and Soccer Schedule: SEC Volleyball and Soccer Quintuples with launch of SEC Network
• SEC Network + Schedule
• SEC Nation Schedule
• SEC Storied Slate & Schedule

SEC Network

The Southeastern Conference and ESPN have signed a 20-year agreement through 2034 to create and operate a multiplatform network which will launch August 14, 2014. The new network and its accompanying digital platform will carry SEC content 24/7 including more than 1,000 events in its first year. The network will televise 45 SEC football games, more than 100 men's basketball games, 60 women's basketball games, 75 baseball games, and events from across the SEC's 21 sports annually. Programming will also include in-depth commentary and analysis in studio shows, daily news and information, original content such as SEC Storied, spring football games, and more. AT&T U-verse TV, Bright House Networks, Charter, Comcast Xfinity TV, Cox Communications, DIRECTV, DISH, Google Fiber, LUS Fiber, PTC Communications, Time Warner Cable, NCTC, NRTC, NTTC and Wilkes Telephone will carry the television network nationwide at launch. Hundreds of additional live events from various sports will be offered exclusively as SEC Network+ events on WatchESPN and SECNetwork.com through AT&T U-verse, Charter, Comcast, Cox, DISH, Google Fiber, Suddenlink, NCTC, NRTC and NTTC authentication.

And yes folks... it IS up in testing. My thanks to DIRECTV for the picture!

sec_directv.jpg

Kentucky basketball will be on there Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Unfortunately I am getting the "Channel Not Available" as well.
I am guessing the picture I got comes from someone who works in tech support or engineering. The channel is not available to customer yet and wont be available until the 14th.

Today I was able to go home for lunch which was nice. While home I turned on the TV to watch the ESPN News channel while I ate. A few minutes later and not thinking anything would happen, I tried channel 611 and to my surprise I did not get the “Channel Not Available” message from my guide It was just a blank black screen. After sitting on the channel for about 30 seconds I tuned back into ESPN News. Right before I left home to return to work I tried again and was then met with “Channel Not Available”. So I don’t know if my guide had a glitch or if Directv was actually working on the channel, but that blank screen was the first time I’ve been able to tune to 611. I know I’m probably reading way too much into this, but it was kinda of a fun moment. Can you tell I'm excited to watch this channel on THURSDAY!!!

Since I got home from work I've been trying to duplicate the results I got earlier in the day and have had no luck. :no

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)