SEC Network Launches August 14 Channel 611

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I'm no DTV engineer, but I'll make a prediction that the channel is made available between noon-2pm on launch day. I don't see DTV waiting until 5:55p to make the channel available for a 6pm launch. Btw, 2 days to go! :clapping

The network doesn't start until 6 pm eastern.
Are we going to look at a logo from 6 to 6??

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

From the SEC site looks like no digital access.

28. How do I get the digital-exclusive events, SEC Network +, of the SEC Network?
Provided you are a customer of of AT&T U-verse, Charter, Comcast, Cox, DISH, Google Fiber, Suddenlink, and members of the NCTC, NRTC and NTTC you will have authenticated access. You can contact your provider and get a username and password which will allow you to access the content on computers, tablets, mobile phones and other consumer devices like Xbox.

Another says in the Watch ESPN app.

31. I am an authenticated WatchESPN app user, will I be able to see SEC Network content through that app?
SEC Network will be available through the WatchESPN app for cable, satellite or teleco providers with authenticated SEC Network access.

As Scott has said Direct is working on agreement.

From the SEC site looks like no digital access.

28. How do I get the digital-exclusive events, SEC Network +, of the SEC Network?
Provided you are a customer of of AT&T U-verse, Charter, Comcast, Cox, DISH, Google Fiber, Suddenlink, and members of the NCTC, NRTC and NTTC you will have authenticated access. You can contact your provider and get a username and password which will allow you to access the content on computers, tablets, mobile phones and other consumer devices like Xbox.

Another says in the Watch ESPN app.

31. I am an authenticated WatchESPN app user, will I be able to see SEC Network content through that app?
SEC Network will be available through the WatchESPN app for cable, satellite or teleco providers with authenticated SEC Network access.

As Scott has said Direct is working on agreement.

Well once the channel is up and running, we should start a 'WatchESPN' thread to say updated.

Where this channel will really shine is basketball season. Like Jimbo said, we have had Big Ten Network for quite a while now. It's pretty rare that you will get any big football games on BTN. Each team is only required to play two games on the channel and all the big games still go to ESPN or OTA. From the top teams in the conference you pretty much only get the cupcake games at the beginning of the season. Once Big Ten conference play starts you can get some better match-ups but its usually from the mid to bottom tier teams of the Big Ten. I'm sure SEC Network added some bigger match-ups this year to force carriage but I think you will see all the marquee games in future years on CBS and ESPN just like always.

I'm a Notre Dame fan living in Michigan but I do follow Michigan and Michigan State pretty closely even though I'm not an actual fan of either team. I'll use their BTN games for this season as an example of what I'm talking about.

Michigan State vs. Jacksonville State 8/29
Michigan State @ Maryland (This is actually a better match-up than normal for BTN.)

Michigan currently only has one BTN game listed with several games still listed as TBD in their schedule.
Michigan @ Rutgers

None of these are exactly must see TV. I will watch them because I have access to them and they are teams I care about but it's safe to say there will be much better football games taking place at the same time as those games.

Basketball is totally different. They play so many more games during the season and fewer of them are available from ESPN and OTA channels. Before BTN there were a lot of un-televised games during the season. Since BTN launched just about every game from both Michigan and Michigan State is available somewhere. Not only that but some of the bigger conference games actually show up on the network when ESPN is showcasing the ACC.

The DirecTV iPhone app is already showing the channel if you advance forward to 6 pm tomorrow. I was able to do a search and set several games to record they are replaying this weekend and next week.

I would wait until around 5pm EST before trying! :D Your not missing anything. Yet.

Oh I know. I just want to see it on my screen. Once I do I'll know everything is right in the world. :yes I was able to use the DTV app and schedule recordings on the SECN. So I'm feeling good. Almost time to do the happy dance.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts