SEC Network Launches August 14 Channel 611

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Doubtful ...
The more than likely will go by the same set up the Big10 made successful.... Every team will be on the network at least 2 times a year.

Realistic.
Have heard it stated many times from ESPN bigwigs on Paul Finebaum. His radio show will simulcast on SEC network.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Most of the games shown will not be the marquee games, we all know that.

However they already have some of those scheduled for its debut, so it will get some. The first game for example. Texas A&M vs Usc. That's a recent years prime match up, and ESPN "could" do that as often as they like to keep real pressure on providers that don't play ball.

DIRECTV Begins Talks With the SEC Network
We strongly believe every SEC fan should have access to the SEC Network on DIRECTV and customers can rest assured that is our goal as we continue our discussions with the owners of the channel. Contract talks happen on a different timetable with each TV provider, so unlike our competitors, we have really just begun our discussions and hope to have an update on status as we move closer to the network’s launch in August.

www.directvpromise.com

That's been up on their website for 5-6 weeks. Do I believe this statement? Yes.
Does it mean that Direct will have the SEC Network at launch? No.

Im sure direct wants it in the sports pack where it belongs and Disney wants it in a national base package like they forced dish.

I believe the other Disney channels (at least the ESPN networks) are up at the end of the year.
Probably negotiating those as well as the Watch ESPN service.

I'm staying.
I know plenty of people from the other side........if needed.:)
I'm still pretty confident Direct will carry the channel on or just after launch.
The channel does launch 2 weeks before the start of the season.

Well, the bottom line has to be whether a service, be it cable, Dish, or Direct, has the programming that you want. It wouldn't surprise me that the day before the first game, DirecTV announces it will carry SEC, effective immediately. Those of us who have left will simply be denying Direct our $100 or so per month due to their tardiness. And when will this college football madness stop, with all the fragmentation of programming across different channels? When people stop watching it...and not before.

And when will this college football madness stop, with all the fragmentation of programming across different channels? When people stop watching it...and not before.
If College Football would stop with thier stupid teams changing conferences every 2 minutes, that would help.
You never had this happening like this before.

What we have here are two conferences and two schools going to the extreme to "monetize" their product. They've discovered that people will pay to see what were, at one time, throwaway games. Given the pressure on university budgets in general, there's no doubt we have only seen the beginning of this.

I don't know how these contract talks work, but I'm pretty sure it won't be added until the current ESPN/Disney contract expires.
Unless ESPN agrees for renewal negotiations even on the old contract.

I don't know how these contract talks work, but I'm pretty sure it won't be added until the current ESPN/Disney contract expires.
Unless ESPN agrees for renewal negotiations even on the old contract.
When does that contract expire ?
I doubt that either side wants that contract to lapse ...

Status
Please reply by conversation.