SEC Network Launches August 14 Channel 611

Status
Please reply by conversation.
And yes, it's one more competitor that customers can move to. Direct needs to speed up the process.

Cox has signed on
DirecTV you have one additional competitor that people can leave for to get this channel
Time to get a deal in place.
Not really ...

People can only move to them IF they happen to be in a COX territory, it's not like because someone else signs that it's automatically an option for everyone.

Furthermore, I would not be surprised at all if D* does sing on, closer to the launch ... what point would they have to sign on before theres anything to show ?

Also guys, the comparision between College and Pro is what it is, but , the way I see it, you root for the College team on Saturday and the Pro team on Sunday, regardless .... thats why they play on separate days.

NFL will always be first and college football is a distant second among sports.
Oh yeah. Soccer moves up to at least tenth nationally every four years. Haha
I hate when some soccer yuppie calls in to sports talk and tells me I just don't get and understand the sport.
Sir....don't you get it??
I don't want to!!!

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

On a side note.
SEC media days will be next week.
Not sure if there will be any provider carriage answers but ESPN biggies will be here and they will be answering a lot of questions about which and what provider.
Could be an interesting week.

NFL is not first in the southeast, no doubt about it. Nationally... Yes. Not in the heart of SEC country.

Also guys, the comparision between College and Pro is what it is, but , the way I see it, you root for the College team on Saturday and the Pro team on Sunday, regardless .... thats why they play on separate days.

I do not disagree with this thinking, but it just ain't that way down here.

It would be if you had good teams to follow.
Even if you had the traditionally good teams in the NFL located on one of the southern markets, college football is just so intertwined into the southern culture that it would still take a back seat to the majority of the fans down here. The Saints have made strides, and some follow them as closely as they do their college teams, but make them choose only one and it would be an easy choice for them to make.

It would be if you had good teams to follow.

I agree with Jimbo most of the time - but not here. In the heart of SEC Country - SC, GA, AL, MS, LA, FL - NFL is second, SEC is first. There is zero doubt about that. Without SEC Network, Directv in those areas will be like Dish in NYC - there but useless.

Even if you had the traditionally good teams in the NFL located on one of the southern markets, college football is just so intertwined into the southern culture that it would still take a back seat to the majority of the fans down here. The Saints have made strides, and some follow them as closely as they do their college teams, but make them choose only one and it would be an easy choice for them to make.
If I had to choose between College and Pro, theres NO hesitation, its College all the way with me.

I expect we will be hearing about more providers during the week.
SEC media days starts today.

Reactions: whitewolf8214
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts