SEC Network Launches August 14 Channel 611

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Watching the replay of SEC media day the Directv mobile command center is there and a sponsor.
More pieces to the puzzle.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Reactions: gadgtfreek
Watching the replay of SEC media day the Directv mobile command center is there and a sponsor.
More pieces to the puzzle.

i didn't notice that when i was watching. i believe an official announcement will be made when the espn guy addresses the group, which i think is wednesday.

It would make sense to group all of the sports channels together. Mirror all the Spanish channels, not just Fox Deportes, into it, too. They would all fit into the 600s. Although sports are on other channels too like TNT...

Analysis: DirecTV to add SEC Network to keep the peace with Disney
Jul 14 2014, 13:48 ET
DirecTV (DTV -0.1%) won't play hardball with ESPN over contract negotiations for the new SEC Network, according to TVPredictions.com.......Though the satellite company has notably dug in its heels over carriage fees with other regional sports networks, DirecTV needs to keep a good relationship with Disney (DIS +0.1%) intact as it eyes launching a new online..... TV service sometime in the future. http://seekingalpha.com/news/184221...add-sec-network-to-keep-the-peace-with-disney Figured they would get it done before ot launches and sounds like it is close to getting done!! imo :)

Heard Joe Clayton from Dish (he is at SEC media) on Finebaum today.
One thing stuck out. He said Dish will be mailing flyers next week for specials and how Dish is the only nation wide provider to carry the SEC network.
I truly believe Directv will carry the network at launch, it may or may not announce this week.

As Linda has said, Connolly will be speaking tomorrow morning.
If specific providers are not mentioned, it will be interesting how he words his statement and answers.

Scott may can provide some more insight on this.

Maybe we know more tomorrow and I hope it good news .Directv has banners all over the place sec meeting.

Here is what I know. The info I am getting is coming from a friend at ESPN, who was feeding me information about the DISH / ESPN Deal. He was 100% on the money with what I was told. But still to be safe I am calling this a RUMOR.

I am being told that a deal is done, and now the waiting game is on getting the contract finalized and signed. Getting the contract done took a long time for DISHas both sides wanted to make sure the contract was fair to both sides and took a lot of redlining and talks to get the finalized contract.

With that said I am confident with this RUMOR that we will see SEC in time for the fall kickoff.

Again this is what I am hearing and I am just passing it along. :)

Here is what I know. The info I am getting is coming from a friend at ESPN, who was feeding me information about the DISH / ESPN Deal. He was 100% on the money with what I was told. But still to be safe I am calling this a RUMOR.

I am being told that a deal is done, and now the waiting game is on getting the contract finalized and signed. Getting the contract done took a long time for DISHas both sides wanted to make sure the contract was fair to both sides and took a lot of redlining and talks to get the finalized contract.

With that said I am confident with this RUMOR that we will see SEC in time for the fall kickoff.

Again this is what I am hearing and I am just passing it along. :)
Dish?? Don't they already have a agreement or are we talking about DirecTV?

It'll probably take a long time before the contract renewal is finalized, but the deal verbally is done, I bet is for digital rights like Dish but hope it don't take as long.

i'm trying to read between the lines and i'm not reading the same thing.

This part:
HOOVER, Alabama - While big fish Comcast, Time Warner and DirecTV aren't yet on the hook for the SEC Network, ESPN's Justin Connolly said Wednesday he's "confident" they'll be in the boat when the network launches next month.

And:
"You don't say it's done or they're on board until contracts are signed," he said, adding that "complicated issues" make for long negotiations. "A lot of times, these things don't come down until the very end.

Reactions: ejb1980
This part:
HOOVER, Alabama - While big fish Comcast, Time Warner and DirecTV aren't yet on the hook for the SEC Network, ESPN's Justin Connolly said Wednesday he's "confident" they'll be in the boat when the network launches next month.

And:
"You don't say it's done or they're on board until contracts are signed," he said, adding that "complicated issues" make for long negotiations. "A lot of times, these things don't come down until the very end.

still think its a stretch. but that's my opinion. would you still say that if scott hadn't posted his rumor information?

Scott posted earlier today.
Connolly was just quoted.
Sounds to me Scott's source is spot on.
I feel very confident Directv will carry SEC network after today.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts