SEC Network Launches August 14 Channel 611

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I believe Scott I always trust what he put out.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Reactions: ejb1980
One of the big reasons DIRECTV is looking to make (or has made) a deal now is because of the Watch ESPN app. I hear they were really embarrassed that they did not have access to the app for the World Cup.

justin connolly, a vice president at espn, is suppose to address sec media days wednesday. i suspect we will get, at least, one announcement, maybe more.

i believe dtv is the only provider left which does not have watch espn!

Sports talk radio at SEC media day today also said several provider announcement will probably happen this week.
As Scott's rumor nearly is confirmed.
I expect Comcast to be the other biggie as this would not be a big surprise.

Now the question.
Does SEC Network go to channel 210 on Direct?

SEC should be 611, Pac 12 should be 612 (with alternates as subchannels). But that's a different story.

Reactions: Jimbo
Since it is a ESPN network, I would think ESPN would want it next to the others.

Just like ESPN classic (614) and ESPN Deportes (432), right?

ESPN from the start said they will promote this channel like they did ESPNU. I forget. What channel is ESPNU?:)

Just like ESPN classic (614) and ESPN Deportes (432), right?

ESPN Deportes is Spanish speaking, so it only makes sense for it to be in the 400s. ESPN Classic used to be 208 IIRC, but swapped spots with ESPNU a few years back.

ESPNU was always in the 600's till last year and ESPN Classic is now in the 600's.
Actually it was back on July 1, 2009 when the change was made...

On May 19, 2009, ESPNU reached a new carriage agreement with DirecTV. The channel was moved from the satellite provider's add-on "Sports Pack" to its basic "Choice" package on July 1, 2009, swapping channels and packages with ESPN Classic.

DirecTV To Offer ESPNU In Its Choice Package (PR)

Ok, the 600's are pretty much owned by Fox, if the SEC goes up with the 200's where ESPN is, then the B10 channel should go up right next to FS1.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)