Status
Please reply by conversation.

boston area dtv

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 18, 2005
Boston
Scott,

I wanted to give you even more praise for rounding out this site.

With your recent jump into the world of D* you have made D* subs not feel second rate as many have in the past.

I was happy to notice the banner counting down the seconds until the launch of
D10.

Thank you for your commitment to elevating your D* forums to match the already outstanding sections of E* and FTA.

Thanks we are trying hard to make something here (even though others are trying to prevent us from doing this) do its some hard work but I feel it will be worth it.

(Hey guys... the entire purpose of the internet is to SHARE INFORMATION, not try to hide it)

Anyways...

I have always been a Dish guy, when I got Dish I never imagine in my wildest dreams that I would have a Satellite Site like this. I was just a consumer.

A few years ago I wanted to move to DirecTV, however I could not as a few years before I had DirecTV only for the NFL package (and I didnt even have it for myself, I ordered it for my father who was home stuck in bed due to a injury he got on his job) and when I wanted to go to DirecTV they wanted me to pay full price for everything.... so I stuck with Dish...

As you saw recently, I tried the new AT&T Uverse Service but got rid of it due to its issues...

Then this entire DirecTV HD debate came up, and I honestly felt like a fool sitting on the sidelines. I figured if I was willing to pay for UVERSE then why not pay for DirecTV, as this way I could report on what I saw going on.

Now I really hold no loyality to any company, I wasn't playing favories for Dish in the past I was just reporting on what I had. Now I have them both, and I plan on giving you my honest opinions on both of them.

My views are as I see them, and I am not being told by any company what to say.

As you may know I know Charlie Ergen, he has become what I would call a friend. I use to be scrared of him, but now we know each other and its easy for us to joke about things and talk about things industry and non industry related.

My ace in the hole is that I also know John Malone who soon will be taking over DirecTV, I am hoping this is my in there once they take over. A few folks are full aware of some of the issues I have been having in regards to the issues I first mentioned above, and I am hopefull that once Liberty takes over that things will change so we can give you even more information.

The entire point of running a forum like this is to INFORM, TEACH and SHARE INFORMATION with others. Others are trying hard to make that difficult for us, but I pledge to you and ever other SatelliteGuys member that we will do all in our power to keep the flow of information coming to you. :)

Thanks Scott ,
All your efforts are starting to pay off, the site looks great.
I am happy to see you will be passing along D* info when it comes available.

You are 100 % correct, the internet is for sharing information, it's too bad all D* and DISH related sites can't just get along and pass info freely.

Jimbo

Dont forget the Jimbos, Ramy, bonscott, boston area dtv, iceturkee, dfergie, FlyingJ, digiblur, masterdeals, ScoBuck, Hancox, LonghornXP, Rad, Raoul5788, ShadowEKU and others that have been here and make the Directv forum work. Scott just adds credibility and that added lift we have needed. We are delighted he has decided to join us. Second class no more!!

Dont forget the Jimbos, Ramy, bonscott, boston area dtv, iceturkee, dfergie, FlyingJ, digiblur, masterdeals, ScoBuck, Hancox, LonghornXP, Rad, Raoul5788, ShadowEKU and others that have been here and make the Directv forum work. Scott just adds credibility and that added lift we have needed. We are delighted he has decided to join us. Second class no more!!

You forgot to put yourself in there, Brewer4!

Scott - thanks for your efforts as usual.

And wow, I even got a metion from brewer, didnt expect that. Thanks :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts