Second mid-life crisis! Need "dream car" advice. XK-E anyone ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm curious, what cars have our members "coveted" here?
I already said that mine is also a Jaguar XK-E. What's yours?

I'm loving the new SRT8 Dodge Challenger's. Now that's man's-man car....

orange-front.jpg

I'm curious, what cars have our members "coveted" here?
I already said that mine is also a Jaguar XK-E. What's yours?

Since I started driving back in the mid-60s, have had every muscle / sports car that I wanted (still think the old Shelby GT500s were the most fun of all), however, I would like to snag a Tessla Roadster. Zero to sixty under 4 seconds and no stops at the gas station. :D Now, if I can only convince the wife that I need to have one. Since we are downsizing and the kids are all out of college, I may actually have a chance on this one, but not about to hold my breath on it. I don't look that good in blue. :)

I have many "mid-life crisis" cars. There's the "I hit the lottery and money is no object" mid-life car (McLaren F1), the "I don't care about retirement anymore and I'm cashing out the 401-K" mid-life car (Audi R8), the "I care about the Earth" mid-life crisis car (Tesla Roadster), the "I'm 52 this year and unless I live to 110, I'm already past my mid-life" mid-life crisis car (Corvette Z06), and the "my wife saw I was talking about mid-life crisis cars, divorced me, and now this is all I can afford" mid-life crisis car (pre-2005 Mazda Miata).
Isn't there a saying to the effect: "You can sell a man a Jaguar, but you'll never sell him a second one."

Everyone I've ever spoken with that had a Jag had LOT'S of problems, mostly electrical. "Reliable" and "Jaguar" can never be used in the same sentence without the word "not."
The joke I heard was, "Do you know why the Brits like their beer warm?"

"Lucas Electrics..."

The joke I heard was, "Do you know why the Brits like their beer warm?"

"Lucas Electrics..."

As a member of the MGCC, I must have heard 40 of these.

Lucas: Inventor of the intermittent windshield wiper

Lucas 3 position Headlamp switch: Off, dim and flicker

Why are there no skyscrapers in England? Lucas also makes elevators

Oh no doctor. Not a Lucas Pacemaker!

Lucas: you will believe that a torpedo can fly
(this one is based on a faulty lucas design that caused the depth sensor to fail and have the torpedos skip across the top of the water)

Lucas: Prince of Darkness

and on and on...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)