Second Receiver Connection

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

plimzol

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 7, 2007
I've pretty much finished with the primary setup (dish, motor, and receiver). All available sat's locked in with the receiver moving the dish via USALS. The LNBF I'm using (QPH 31) has another circular output and another linear output which I would like to connect to another receiver (the primary will move the dish). This second receiver is a Pansat 6000hxc. Questions follow:

1. Is it possible to connect these two output to another DISEqC switch so only a single run is necessary into the house (connection to "1 IF in" on the pansat)?

2. If this is possible, should LNB power be set to "ON or OFF"?

3. If a DISEqC switch is not possible and two runs are necessary (circular to "1 IF in" and linear to "2 IF in"), again should LNB power be set to "ON or OFF"?

plimzol

#1 yes a second DISEqC switch can be used (skip the motor this time)
#2 yes lnb power on

you can also use (if the primary receiver has it) LOOP Out to second receiver

LNB power should always be on. Even if you loop out to another reciever, I still leave the LNB power on.

But yeah you could combine the circular/linear together with a diseqc switch to another box

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)