Second reciever charge

brian_tr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 10, 2008
I will be losing my job of 28 years in june to overseas. I am looking at ways to save money. I have been with dish for a very long time but am thinking of going to direct for new customer savings. If I could get Dish to replace my second recuever, 625, with a 722 and waive the $17 monthly charge I would stay. What are my chances of that Happening and how would I go about it?

No chance. However, you could save some with a 612 or 211 instead of a722.

Juan, if the second receiver is a 625, there's a good chance the primary is a 722 (only other options being 222, 211, or 625)

I called a year ago and asked if they could reduce my bill since cable was offering comparable service for $29.95 a month for 2 years. Dish couldn't match the price, but they knocked $20 a month off my bill for a year and gave me 3 months of free HBO. Call them and see what they can do for you. Worst thing that happens is they tell you no.

CSRs have been prohibited from giving deals to retain subs. charlie admitted that himself

I have heard management thinks the same people keep getting offeres.

so far churn has remained high, you might do better next year many expect E to bleed more subs and at some point they will have to work again to keep customers.

sorry to hear about your job, its way too common and a major cause of economic crash. Which I believew is going to get far worse

After 13 years with E I cancelled over the extra receiver fees. Those fees got me shopping the comcast triple play is working great and saving me big bucks

I am paying about what I paid before the fee jacking but getting comcast tv, everything but premiums, which i rarely watched anyway. but also getting 16 meg down internet and a phone line for my fax..... added a tivo with cablecard and lifetime service, its a good deal:) plus contract free:)

E forced me to shop and save big bucks, thanks charlie:) and my tivo has only burped ONCE since my upgrade, my 722s were always having issues.......

Canceling E was a real winner for me

Last edited:
...Canceling E was a real winner for me

And for the rest of us we have to hear about it over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over again.

icon_deadhorse.gif

just when you thought it was safe to post about a receiver fee..............Haller shows up and lets all of know yet again why he left E*

Good luck at that one, DISH Network, really likes it's extra reviver fees. Now call them up and let them know that your shopping around, they will be able to help you?? Thats what I would do.
'my point is retention reps ability to give good deals to retain subs is no longer......

E appears to believe they will lose some and then attrition will end. its a interesting theory but i believe churn will just get worse espically with this economy........

people dont report here getting the freebies of the past, E would rather spend about a grand per new sub than keep old ones for a fraction of that cost