SECURESPOT Internet filter Down

elzipa

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 14, 2008
Near Calgary, AB
I am subscribed to the SECURESPOT using a Dlink 655 router and find the server is down leaving filtering at home unavailable with lots of internet crap available to the kids...

No a very good move from the owner of Securespot...They continue charging fees and no service!. I call them many times and say server ins under works...it is been more than 2 months and nothing I wonder what tipe of engineers they have that they cannot repair serviced to costumers..

I asked for refund of my money but they say they fix it when may be for christmas..

Is there anybody with the same situation?

Sounds dishonest. If paid by credit card, I suggest you contact you bank, stop payment and try to get previous payment back, if pay in advance.

I spoke to Securespot support yesterday

I spoke to Securespot support yesterday and found out that Dlink and Bsecure have discontinued Securespot. Bsecure (provider of Securespot) is offering customers of Securespot a 30% disccount on CloudCare, a replacement service.

CloudCare doesn't work specifically with the router like Securespot did. It's more like a standard Internet filter app that enforces the DNS server address for the clients to point to the CloudCare server. An app running on a PC in the home is required to provide this enforcement. Furthermore, a client app is required on each PC if you desire a profile different than your default profile for that PC. Clients are only available for Windows, Macs, and Apple iPxxxx devices. No Android or Linux.

They told me that my subscription ran out at the end of Sept and they did not renew me.

I told them that my Securespot service had not been working correctly since earlier in the year and asked if there would be any compensation for that. They said that they could put me in a queue for that to be addressed. This indicates to me that other customers had expressed the same frustration.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts